• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How create virual com port to send command from HCT desire to usb device

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but it didn't really seem to be an app question.

I have a HTC Desire phone.

I have some very snazzy and expensive light up juggling balls. The lighting sequences are written in text files and downloaded to the balls using a java app (currently I use my PC). The start command is also sent using this application.

Basically I would like to get this application to run on my phone but the jar file wont open. I have looked into installing java on the phone and found something about Jbed. but was unable to install this using the ABD.

Essentially if getting the app working and allowing the transfer of files to the balls is not possible If I could just connect to the balls using something like hyper terminal and send an ASCI 's' this would trigger the balls to start.

If anyone could give me some advice it would be massively appreciated as I have spent several hours unsuccessfully searching online for an answer. I'd be happy to trade you juggling lessons. :)

Thanks

Ben

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones