1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How did you get your MSL?

1. MattWeed9

MattWeed9 Active Member

Just wondering how everyone else was able to get their MSL... I've tried the getprop ril.MSL in the terminal emulator, but it doesn't do anything. Figured they must have gotten rid of that with one of the updates. Heard others say they just called boost which I haven't tried yet...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

MattWeed9 likes this.
  3. oscar112709

oscar112709 Well-Known Member

I used logcat app but b4 u use the app you hit that #code on dailer then open logcat and let it run for like 10 sec then search msl that's how I did it for my zte warp...... I for got the. #code srry
    MattWeed9 likes this.
  4. dhabell

dhabell Well-Known Member

YouTube Instructional video
  5. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Active Member

Ive tried everything listed except the activating a new phone and reactivating and calling boost. I guess ill have to call them becuase none of the methods work? I also tried the MEID converter thing which I think I remember worked for my warp?
  6. jackbquick123

jackbquick123 Well-Known Member

The paperwork some places give you will have it. When I got my HTC at bestbuy it was on the papers. On the previous phone I just called up boost and told them a tech guy from google was helping me with an app and needed it and they gave it with no hassles.
  7. MattWeed9

MattWeed9 Active Member

Was able to get the logcat method to work. The automated boost mobile way just gave me some radio reset code to enter.

The logcat method worked like a charm though. Just look for the six digit number towards the bottom of the MSL search.
  8. Codegerm

Odd the automated system gave me my MSL. I just checked and Boost has changed it. I guess they figured out they were giving out the MSL number (I am glad I got it before they changed the prompts). They have you do the ##72786# which is a usefull command to have as it allows you to reset voice and data services on your phone (makes the phone do the activation provisioning process). Which as helped me fix data problems before.

Codegerm
    MattWeed9 likes this.
  9. cmitchell17

what about the options in alogcat do they need changing from default?
  10. dhabell

11. cmitchell17

I tried different terminal emulators but none of them worked. I might try going back to stock and trying it. Im on the leaked FK23 stock rooted.
  12. jackbquick123

jackbquick123 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the app get my msl. I read the feed back and I saw s 11 users saying it works. I think you have to be rooted. I dont have the phone yet or would try myself. It worked great on previous phones.
  13. Codegerm

without a debug kernel the apps i tried to get my MSL with from the play store didn't work on the rooted stock with the AGAT kernel.

Codegerm
  14. cmitchell17

yeah I tried it to on the rooted stock fk23 and it didn't work. I might try going back to stock then try all those methods.
  15. cmitchell17

Ok I had to return to stock then use alogcat and go to the ##DATA# on the phone screen then look at a logcat and it was there.
  16. Codegerm

17. dhabell

omg just call boost and you can get it from an automated system in under ten minutes. I did it 4 days ago

just go through the process and choose the options as if you were having problems getting texts.

or do this
  18. systemofadown

systemofadown Well-Known Member

@dhabell Thanks, I tried going through all of the steps but it no longer gives the msl. Codegerm thanks for the tip going to have a look now.
  19. dhabell

they dont come out and say hey this is your MSL. they tell you that you will need to write down a code to reset your data. this code is your MSL.
  20. dhabell

@systemofadown - check your PM's
    systemofadown likes this.
  21. systemofadown

They did give me a # but it was 7 digits & as I recall it is also found in the about phone settings - looks just like a phone # minus the area code.. Thanks dhabell ;)
  22. Codegerm

in settings where?
  23. systemofadown

ok I just went through the steps again. They gave me my # then the other # found in settings, about phone, status, under MSID ( & sorry it does have an area code, my mistake) That is the only 2 #'s I get - but I could be missing something.
  24. Codegerm

I have mine written down and now memorized. I didn't see it in the about phone settings. I had gotten it from a boost automated help session a while back, but the help menu changed and they were now giving the SCRTN reset instead. I will try another later today to see as I know mine.
  25. dhabell

I just tried to use the automated system to help another member and you cant get it the way I did. If your phone is already activated it will transfer you to customer service bc "the line is in use by another Boost customer". however maybe you can trick customer service into giving it to you.

I got mine originally by using the youtube guide I posted in another thread on this forum.

But the other day, I got it again when I reactivated my BSGS2 after warranty repair after using the Prevail while the BSGS2 was in the shop. If you have a spare Boost phone I guess you could temporarily activate it just to get your MSL. Not really worth it though if you ask me. But if youre interested anyway and have an unactivated Boost phone here is how to get your MSL from the automated system.

1. write down the second number under your battery. It says DEC and begins with 268. have your Boost PIN number handy too

2. Call Boost's automated system at 1-888-266-7848

3. after the system defaults to English, press the following sequence one number at a time. make sure the system recognizes each input by waiting for its response and listen to what it says bc you may have to enter a user specific value before continuing to the next step in the sequence below.

enter DEC
    confirm with 2

i couldnt continue after this point as my phone was already activated, it sent me to customer service. but I remember before the phone was reactivated it gave me the the MSL.

Maybe you can trick the poor customer service rep into giving you the MSL...
    systemofadown likes this.