• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How did you get your MSL?

MattWeed9

Jul 10, 2012
Just wondering how everyone else was able to get their MSL... I've tried the getprop ril.MSL in the terminal emulator, but it doesn't do anything. Figured they must have gotten rid of that with one of the updates. Heard others say they just called boost which I haven't tried yet...

Odd the automated system gave me my MSL. I just checked and Boost has changed it. I guess they figured out they were giving out the MSL number (I am glad I got it before they changed the prompts). They have you do the ##72786# which is a usefull command to have as it allows you to reset voice and data services on your phone (makes the phone do the activation provisioning process). Which as helped me fix data problems before.

Codegerm

Reactions: MattWeed9
Upvote 0
Have you tried the app get my msl. I read the feed back and I saw s 11 users saying it works. I think you have to be rooted. I dont have the phone yet or would try myself. It worked great on previous phones.

without a debug kernel the apps i tried to get my MSL with from the play store didn't work on the rooted stock with the AGAT kernel.

Codegerm

Upvote 0
I just tried to use the automated system to help another member and you cant get it the way I did. If your phone is already activated it will transfer you to customer service bc "the line is in use by another Boost customer". however maybe you can trick customer service into giving it to you.

I got mine originally by using the youtube guide I posted in another thread on this forum.

But the other day, I got it again when I reactivated my BSGS2 after warranty repair after using the Prevail while the BSGS2 was in the shop. If you have a spare Boost phone I guess you could temporarily activate it just to get your MSL. Not really worth it though if you ask me. But if youre interested anyway and have an unactivated Boost phone here is how to get your MSL from the automated system.

1. write down the second number under your battery. It says DEC and begins with 268. have your Boost PIN number handy too

2. Call Boost's automated system at 1-888-266-7848

3. after the system defaults to English, press the following sequence one number at a time. make sure the system recognizes each input by waiting for its response and listen to what it says bc you may have to enter a user specific value before continuing to the next step in the sequence below.

enter DEC
confirm with 2

i couldnt continue after this point as my phone was already activated, it sent me to customer service. but I remember before the phone was reactivated it gave me the the MSL.

Maybe you can trick the poor customer service rep into giving you the MSL...

Reactions: systemofadown
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones