• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I copy my contacts to my SIM card on my Samsung Galaxy i7500?

How do I copy my contacts to my SIM card on my Samsung Galaxy i7500?
Hi
I want to copy my contacts to my SIM card so i can reset it and update it.
But the problem is, in pcs you can copy your contacts from your phone to pcs, but i first have to update it.
But when i update it all my numbers would be lost.
And the second problem is it doesnt want to update my phone.
When i try to update it, it says there has been a problem with the connection with the server.:mad:

Could i put a memory card in to my phone and copy my numbers to it??
So How can i fix this, please tell me :thinking:

Welcome to the forum! :D

Although Android has a simple feature to import numbers from SIM, it cannot write them back. Android is meant to rely on syncing with Google for backup. Is there something that is preventing you from doing that?

With "PCS", I assume you mean the PC Studio (aka. NPS for "New PC Studio" around here)? Let me be the first to tell you, buddy, your best approach is to not use NPS/PCS at all, because it's so crummy. :(

Instead, I recommend you read the stickied threads about using an app named Odin to flash your firmware.

If you're willing to root your phone (which is not at all a dangerous or risky thing to do) then you will have much better options for making backups, for instance with Titanium Backup.

Good luck!

Reactions: mounir92
Upvote 0
Ok tnx KlaymenDK i think im not gonna root my phone
i just read some pros and cons about it and, and for a lot of advantages of rooting your phone you need 3G, which i dont have:( and i dont want my phone to get bricked
i think im just going to download one of the apps above in a wifi free area

But i wondered if i would reset my phone if i then could use it in NPS
And if the google account resets too when i reset my phone, because i bought the phone from a friend and its set to his google account.

Upvote 0
Wait, you have a phone that's logged into your friend's account? I do not understand why people do that, you can read all his mail and worse...

icon2.gif
DO NOT attempt to delete the contacts on the phone -- you will also be deleting the contacts from your friend's account!

Instead, reset the phone and log in with your own account. (Home->Menu->Settings->SDcard&Storage->Factory Reset). That will bring the phone back to new (so you can log in with a different account). It will not remove the data on the SD card (photos, etc).

Upvote 0
Ok tnx KlaymenDK i think im not gonna root my phone
i just read some pros and cons about it and, and for a lot of advantages of rooting your phone you need 3G, which i dont have:( and i dont want my phone to get bricked
i think im just going to download one of the apps above in a wifi free area

But i wondered if i would reset my phone if i then could use it in NPS
And if the google account resets too when i reset my phone, because i bought the phone from a friend and its set to his google account.

Do what Klaymen said
also i give you a month and youll have a rooted galax0 1.6.3.3 overlocked and running adwlauncher :p

Upvote 0
tnx for all your reactions and for telling me about contact2sim
ive downloaded it and it copied all of my contacts just as i needed

@KlaymenDK
The phone is mine, ive just bought it from a friend and the phone was still set to his google account which i only could logg on to but didn't have the password of course.
So i couldnt use all of the features which required the google account.

anyway ive reset my phone and it still doesnt want to update in NPS.
what can i do to update it anyhow?
I dont want to root it actually and only use it as a last resort if nothing else works to update it.
please help me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones