• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I enter the TAB character?

ExPalm

Jun 15, 2010
You know, that big key on the upper left of ALL standard keyboards that moves the cursor to the next tab position?

I maintain several text lists on my Palm TX, with columns separated by tabs. I just can't figure out how to do this on the Evo's virtual keyboard.

can download the swype keyboard , and holding the space bar acts as a tab function. the hackers keyboard also features a tab key in landscape mode.

Unfortunately, on forums, multiple 'spaces' will be stripped to only '1' space.... so in effect, that neutralizes the 'false tabbing' with the space bar.... I run into that everyday.... it is the same on every forum I frequent.

I rarely use a smartphone for internet browsing, I find it extremely difficult and restricts my style of wnating to "get there now" and there isn't a 104 key keyboard attached :D, so I just don't do it at all.

With a PC, the tabbed over function is in the top command bar, a Right Arrow pointing to a vertical row of lines.
It works quite well
^t attempt to tab here, but I doubt it works.

I used to use a Palm Pilot, I wish it still worked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones