How do I enter the TAB character?

Last Updated:

1. ExPalm

ExPalm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You know, that big key on the upper left of ALL standard keyboards that moves the cursor to the next tab position?

I maintain several text lists on my Palm TX, with columns separated by tabs. I just can't figure out how to do this on the Evo's virtual keyboard.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Hmmm good question, maybe just tap the screen to the next field? unless there is another keyboard in the market that has a tab key.

3. Elten

Elten Member

I also need it :)

4. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

can download the swype keyboard , and holding the space bar acts as a tab function. the hackers keyboard also features a tab key in landscape mode.

mikedt likes this.
  5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, on forums, multiple 'spaces' will be stripped to only '1' space.... so in effect, that neutralizes the 'false tabbing' with the space bar.... I run into that everyday.... it is the same on every forum I frequent.

I rarely use a smartphone for internet browsing, I find it extremely difficult and restricts my style of wnating to "get there now" and there isn't a 104 key keyboard attached :D, so I just don't do it at all.

With a PC, the tabbed over function is in the top command bar, a Right Arrow pointing to a vertical row of lines.
    It works quite well
    ^t attempt to tab here, but I doubt it works.

I used to use a Palm Pilot, I wish it still worked.