• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I get rid of "Messenger Home"

pengyou

Feb 17, 2011
North Dakota
About 3 weeks ago I wanted to try a new messenger app. I downloaded and installed an app called "Messenger Home". When I installed it, it erased my desktop - with all of the folders so carefully placed and apps organized within. It continually interfered with FB messenger and other apps, so I uninstalled...at least I thought so. Then I had to update my app....it came back again and again erased my desktop. How can I get rid of it?

About 3 weeks ago I wanted to try a new messenger app. I downloaded and installed an app called "Messenger Home". When I installed it, it erased my desktop - with all of the folders so carefully placed and apps organized within. It continually interfered with FB messenger and other apps, so I uninstalled...at least I thought so. Then I had to update my app....it came back again and again erased my desktop. How can I get rid of it?

Maybe you're not supposed to be using both these "Messenger" apps as the same time. Could be there was a software clash that corrupted something on your device, that erased it.

They're both from Facebook(Meta Inc.) who are infamous for producing buggy and horribly bloated apps. If you really do need to use Facebook messaging and other FB services, suggest you just do it in a web browser.

Last edited:
Reactions: pengyou and AugieTN
Upvote 0
Messenger App is a replacement Android launcher. Can't you just switch back to your original launcher?
just found it in the play store, and yes this is a custom launcher.

here is a bit of info about custom launchers:

and here is how you can switch back to your original launcher:

personally i really like Nova. and if you purchase a one time fee by buying Nova Prime, it will unlock so much customizations. been using it for many years.

Reactions: pengyou and Kevin-B
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones