• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I move an app to my home screen

perlmaster56

Apr 15, 2019
quite some time ago I moved my text messaging app back to my home screen and then I locked my home screen to prevent it from ever again moving away from my home screen. However after a recent update the app is once again not on the home screen. How can I move it back to the home screen and prevet it from ever moving off the home screen ?

You should be able to access the app drawer by tapping on the bottom center circle thingy with 6 dots on it. See my screenshot
Screenshot_20230917-003755.png

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
If it worked before and now doesn't, it might be time to consider a factory reset. If that is a course you take, be certain to have your google information so you can access the phone after the reset. You will want to back up everything of importance to you as well. A factory reset will return the phone to it's original state and all user stored data will be removed.

Upvote 0
So it's made by LG...
Can you post a screen shot of your home screen?
I'm asking this because you should be able to get to the app drawer directly from your home screen. The more information you can get us, the easier we can figure this out.
You can try placing 3 fingers on your screen to take the screenshot

Reactions: ocnbrze and AugieTN
Upvote 0
So it's made by LG...
Can you post a screen shot of your home screen?
I'm asking this because you should be able to get to the app drawer directly from your home screen. The more information you can get us, the easier we can figure this out.
You can try placing 3 fingers on your screen to take the screenshot
placing 3 fingers on the home screen did not take a screenshot. it invoked some kind of configuration screen and nothing on that screen said anything about a screenshot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones