• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change home screen?

I have a Samsung s10e using Android 12. My home screen is actually five panels wide. When I hit home it goes to the middle panel. I want it to go to the leftmost panel. How do I change which panel is assigned home? There are five dots at the bottom of the screen indicating there are five panels.

you can't with one UI. you will need to get a custom launcher. i have been using the Nova launcher for many years now. if you also get the Nova Prime which is not free, but it unlocks so much more customization.

Reactions: mikedt and Dannydet
Upvote 0
You can have any panel you like as home with the Samsung One UI launcher. Look for the house shaped icon towards top in the setup mode. And when it's highlighted that is your default home panel.

Screenshot_20230410_064518_One UI Home.jpg

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I did not install a custom launcher. I don't know what rooted means.
ok so then you have One UI. Samsung has incorporated the launcher within the android operating system. like i said Nova is a great launcher and much easier to use. it is small in size and is very fast. plus if you get Nova Prime you will unlock so much more customizations.

It must not be installed or running because I don't see the little home icon above each panel or any panel.
You have to long press on the home screen. You should see the home icon above each panels. You have to tap the icon to set the panel as home. I just tested this on my z fold 4.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
ok so then you have One UI. Samsung has incorporated the launcher within the android operating system. like i said Nova is a great launcher and much easier to use. it is small in size and is very fast. plus if you get Nova Prime you will unlock so much more customizations.

You have to long press on the home screen. You should see the home icon above each panels. You have to tap the icon to set the panel as home. I just tested this on my z fold 4.
Ah there it is! Perfect. And to the far left of that is some kind of Samsung free panel.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones