• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do i know if im rooted?

snakeybidder

May 9, 2010
Hi guys, I want to remove crappy apps from my Nexus and underclock cpu which is the only reason i wanted to root.

I followed the instructions to root without unlocking bootloader and i think its done but not sure.

How can i check? If i am can i now install a new custom rom without losing all my settings etc?

I know this has been said before but cannot find it.

Cheers guys!

Hi guys, I want to remove crappy apps from my Nexus and underclock cpu which is the only reason i wanted to root.

I followed the instructions to root without unlocking bootloader and i think its done but not sure.

How can i check? If i am can i now install a new custom rom without losing all my settings etc?

I know this has been said before but cannot find it.

Cheers guys!

Check your apps list. Do you see an app with a ninja-looking icon called "Superuser Permissions"? If not, there might be a problem. Otherwise, install something like "ShootMe" from the market and see if it works.

Upvote 0
Check your apps list. Do you see an app with a ninja-looking icon called "Superuser Permissions"? If not, there might be a problem. Otherwise, install something like "ShootMe" from the market and see if it works.

Hi mate, thanks for helping. I do have the ninja prgram there but downloaded shootme and it wont run :( Says make sure rooted and enable lower graphics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones