• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I open notifications from the lock screen?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
On my Nexus 7 I can just double tap the notification and it opens, but on my S7 this doesn't do anything. Swiping dismisses it, and dragging it up and down will eventually open it with a few more taps, but first it just opens it on the lock screen like a card.

Is there a way to just go straight to the app that created the notification, like I can on my Nexus?

Thanks.

Maybe, I don't understand your problem here, but you can just tap the message once, then unlock the screen by whatever unlock mode you chose and you should be right there in the messaging/email/etc... app. I just tried it to make sure, and it worked perfectly. Hope this helps

Ah, that's kind of weird. On my Nexus 7 I can just double tap the notification and it opens. Why would it be different on the S7? They are both Marshmallow...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones