• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I see complete notification contents?

On my SGS4, when I drag from the top of the screen to the bottom, the phone displays the time, date, icons for settings and some other things like wifi, location, etc. Then I see a screen display brightness control. Under that is a section called "Notifications". There are a series of entries with icons, text, etc. about a few of the recent updates.
1. How can I see more quantity of the recent notification updates? Once they reach the bottom of the screen they appear to go away.
2. How can I see more content of any one specific notification? Often I see the first few words of a notification and the rest is truncated. If I press on the notification, I don't go to see more info - the application starts up.
In some cases, like FaceBook, it takes me to the message that caused the notification. In other cases, it just takes me to the app but there is no more specifics.
Is there something in between, where either more info can be shown on this page, or a setting that will take me to more information before the app is started?
Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones