• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I stop new update notice????

Pulling the battery after clicking "More Info" seemed to work on my phone and my wife's phone (so far), in terms of not nagging us about the update. Unfortunately, I guess that the update has already been downloaded into my phone somewhere and is wasting my RAM or ROM. I read that it's 12.9MB.

Update 3/25/11: It's been 5 days since I performed the trick above, and the phone has not nagged me about updating.

Upvote 0
Pulling the battery after clicking "More Info" seemed to work on my phone and my wife's phone (so far), in terms of not nagging us about the update. Unfortunately, I guess that the update has already been downloaded into my phone somewhere and is wasting my RAM or ROM. I read that it's 12.9MB.

So it downloaded, but didn't install? I will have to find it on my phone (if it can be deleted).

Upvote 0
So it download, but didn't install? I will have to find it on my phone (if it can be deleted).

If indeed it is downloaded, and you can delete it, theoretically the update would most likely be sent to your phone again and nags would probably begin again because it would appear as though your phone had never received the update.

Reactions: shinedown87
Upvote 0
well my phone updated and it killed my hotspot widget.... no what ?? look for a new one ???

You can root your phone, or do like my husband does on his stock Optimus and use EasyTether. You do have to use your usb to use the service and download the LG drivers onto your computer but it does give you internet service if you don't want to pay the $30. There is a one-time $10 fee for the software but it is worth it.

Upvote 0
You can root your phone, or do like my husband does on his stock Optimus and use EasyTether. You do have to use your usb to use the service and download the LG drivers onto your computer but it does give you internet service if you don't want to pay the $30. There is a one-time $10 fee for the software but it is worth it.

did he do the update then check if easy tether still works?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones