How do I use launcher pro.Support

Last Updated:

1. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded launcher pro. I see people customizing their lp. I'm not sure how to change the layout or anything. Do I need launcher pro plus. If so how do I get it. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mr.derp

mr.derp Member

When you're on a home screen, click the far left button below your screen and click preferences. From there you can chance settings through different tabs.

3. seanxwong

seanxwong Well-Known Member

some functions are not free on Launcher Pro if you want to customize your phone to the fullest.

4. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Launcher pro will do everything u need. If you want some cool widgets ( so far just a people and a bookmak widget) then u should get launcher pro plus. But like someone said earlier menu>preferences and u can set it up the way u like.

Any more questions feel free to ask

5. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is my first time with lp. But I'm not seeing how to change the look to let's say for example the htc sense look. Help thanks.

6. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

First....did you make sure to download the "Home Switcher" app to switch your UI from the stock Motorola UI to Launcher Pro?

7. Devz

Devz Well-Known Member

Give a browse over here: LauncherPro Forum Index page

Since it's an entire forum dedicated to LauncherPro, you should be able to find much more info a lot quicker. :)

8. bennec

bennec Well-Known Member

Interesting. I used Launcher Pro with my Moto Droid and didn't do that and everything seemed to work fine. I'm still with stock Moto on my Droid X, but the problem with the lag is starting to get worse and I'm considering going back to Launcher Pro. I really hate to reset up everything though and did like being able to resize my widgets (so they could lag even more I guess. :mad:)

Is this absolutely necessary should I go to Launcher Pro?

9. amerika

amerika Member

so i downloaded launcher pro, downloaded home switch.

i change my preferences, fine. but when i go to set launcher pro in home switch as my default, i keep getting an error message. keep in mind, i'm completely brand new at this. i have no idea what i'm doing and i'm getting confused.

10. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, I never had very good luck with the Home Switcher app. I could never get it to completely accept a change in the default launcher. It would take at first, but then whenever I'd hit the home hard key, it would go back to the other launcher. So...I tried a different app called Home Smack and I've had better luck with it. I currently have 3 launchers on my DX...stock, LPP and Zeam and with Home Smack, I can set any of the 3 as the default launcher without any problems at all. You might try Home Smack and see if it works for you too.