• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I view/manage my devices from one of them?

TerraFirma69

May 25, 2019
I was recently looking through my Android devices from my PC, and an extra unkown phone had appeared as signed in. I used the PC Google page to sign out on the odd device but it still appears as signed out of course.

I want to keep an eye on it to see if it gets signed back in, and then change passwords etc.

However I can't work out how to view and manage all my devices from an Android device if I'm not near a PC.

I go to the Google app but can't work out what to do then.

Reactions: Unforgiven
I was recently looking through my Android devices from my PC, and an extra unkown phone had appeared as signed in. I used the PC Google page to sign out on the odd device but it still appears as signed out of course.

I want to keep an eye on it to see if it gets signed back in, and then change passwords etc.

However I can't work out how to view and manage all my devices from an Android device if I'm not near a PC.

I go to the Google app but can't work out what to do then.
just use your browser on your phone and log into google that way and then go to manage devices. there is no setting within your phone to do so. also i would change your passwords and set up two step verification wherever possible.

Upvote 0
Of course sometimes Google fail to recognise one of your known devices and it appears as an extra entry. But I'd play safe and change the password. If you don't have 2FA turned on then you really should, that's your best protection against unauthorized account access. And don't use a weak password either, far too much stuff is on your account that you don't want to give easy access to.

Upvote 0
I think you can keep an "eye" via the Find (my) Device app if it's still on your own account, and possibly disconnected, turned off or still on.

I have 4 devices (3 currently with no data connection), and you will have a thumbnail related to each device on the top end of the app (or on a browser).

This tells me when each was last connected and what location that was at.

Of course if you genuinely think someone has access then they can factory reset it by wiping your account on it.

The other thing was Google Dashboard (type in the search bar) used to keep a list of devices including previous discarded ones that used to stay visible for several weeks later.

However Google Dashboard (another older feature that Google keeps changing) now, instead, can list and date the recent use of all Google apps and services, I think across devices, so that may also help if, by signing out of it, you mean your account may still not deleted on that device.

Reactions: TerraFirma69
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones