• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I watch music videos on my Droid?

TheENDroid

Lurker
Jun 28, 2010
Hi, Ive been trying to find some music videos on youtube but I cant. I even looked them up on my laptop and e-mailed a link to myself and opened it up from my phone and it said "cannot play on mobile" So I was wondering if their is another site or app I could use to watch music videos. Also another completely random off the wall question I have, which I apologize for putting here but its been driving me crazy. Is android 2.2 out for the MotoDroid yet? Ive been seeing things where it seems its out for other phones and Im wondering if its out for the motodroid yet? and if it isnt, how will I know when it is? thank you :)

I can't answer your first question about the music videoas, though I have not doubt someone here will be able to answer it.

As to your question about 2.2, it has not been officially released yet. When it is it will be sent OTA to your phone and you will be prompted to update. I have not heard of Motorola giving an "official" release date, but rumor (again rumor) has it in July. A number of people who have rooted are running a pre-released version of 2.2 that they downloaded and installed themselves. This is about all I can offer on this. Hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0
I am confused that you claim you cannot watch Music Videos from youtube on your phone. I watch music videos all the time on mine, and most recently I downloaded the Skyfire app that will let you watch FLASH videos. I will admit that it won't work on all sites but I was able to pull up Mtv's website and watch flash videos in its entirety with that app!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones