• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do you completely restore your phone back to stock? (droid)

psufan5

Nov 26, 2009
Droid

Tried to restore my phone last night from a rooted 2.0.1 to a stock 2.0.1 that would come from Motorola. Everything worked well with restoring from a stock 2.0.1 update.zip file, however, when I typed in my account information, a few apps were still there. Do some apps automatically re-install after you restore? Astro was still there to name one...

I am not sure if the superuser app was still there (forgot to look and I re-rooted), but I know root access was cut off because apps were rejecting me.

Thanks a bunch.

If you didn't use an application to backup your application, google will only be able to push a few of your apps to your newly restored device. You mentioned you had astro file manager, if you backuped throught it, all of your apps should be restorable through a back up file that was stored on your SD card by astro file manager. Would you please check to see that superuser permissions is removed as I am considering restoring my phone to stock? Also, where did you find the stock update image? Thanks and hope this helps and answers some of your questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones