How do you completely restore your phone back to stock? (droid)Support

Last Updated:

1. psufan5

psufan5 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Droid

Tried to restore my phone last night from a rooted 2.0.1 to a stock 2.0.1 that would come from Motorola. Everything worked well with restoring from a stock 2.0.1 update.zip file, however, when I typed in my account information, a few apps were still there. Do some apps automatically re-install after you restore? Astro was still there to name one...

I am not sure if the superuser app was still there (forgot to look and I re-rooted), but I know root access was cut off because apps were rejecting me.

Thanks a bunch.

Advertisement
  2. psufan5

psufan5 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone? :)

3. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

If you didn't use an application to backup your application, google will only be able to push a few of your apps to your newly restored device. You mentioned you had astro file manager, if you backuped throught it, all of your apps should be restorable through a back up file that was stored on your SD card by astro file manager. Would you please check to see that superuser permissions is removed as I am considering restoring my phone to stock? Also, where did you find the stock update image? Thanks and hope this helps and answers some of your questions.

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Here is the link to unroot and back to stock, I tried the root, but could not find a way to save my current state, nandroid would not work for me, but, I hope this link helps you. It helped me, and my phone is back to stock with no problems....
    Unroot & Back To Stock - Root Your Droid