• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you feel about the X's size?

waxlrose

Sep 11, 2010
I'm gonna get a new android phone, and I torn between the incredible and the X.

I really like everything about the X, but it just seems sooooo big. I like to keep my phone in my jeans pocket and it just seems way to big to do that. Maybe I'm wrong because you can't actually try on the demo models because they are tethered to displays.

But i don't want a holster because I think they look stupid. So what is your opinion.

i was initially concerned about the size of the x. i went ahead and got it anyway. was the right move.

the device is basically a hand held computer. and when surfing the net on it, i have never wished that it was smaller.

the portability issue was solved by getting a holster that would swivel sideways. i just flip the holster to horizontal instead of vertical. carrying it around has not been any different than carrying my old phone which was smaller.

have been very satisfied with what the phone can do.

Upvote 0
Which pocket? It isn't very comfortable in a front pocket. But it fits in your back pocket with room to spare. In fact, this phone has me thinking you could go with an even bigger phone and still fit it in your (back) pocket just fine.

With a hard case it fit in my front pocket but I knew it was there, now that I don't have a case I have to check and make sure from time to time. It's less noticeable in my pocket than my blackberry was, with my blackberry I couldn't fit it in my pocket with a hard cover.

Upvote 0
I wear jeans almost every day, and carry the DX in my front pocket. Absolutely no problems at all. It's not about screen size, it's about thickness, or in this case, thin-ness. The DX it thin. I have to pat my pocket every now and again to make sure it's there. I'm a average sized dude. 6', 34-inch waist, and I don't wear no pants-on-the-ground baggy ass jeans.:eek:
;)

Upvote 0
I wear jeans almost every day, and carry the DX in my front pocket. Absolutely no problems at all. It's not about screen size, it's about thickness, or in this case, thin-ness. The DX it thin. I have to pat my pocket every now and again to make sure it's there. I'm a average sized dude. 6', 34-inch waist, and I don't wear no pants-on-the-ground baggy ass jeans.:eek:
;)

+1 to the above. I'm a big guy at 6'3" and the DX fits fine in the front pocket of my Levi's. I also have a silicon soft case on my DX so its slightly bulkier than stock - but for me it doesn't create an issue.

I'd be afraid of keeping it in a back pocket - don't want to sit on it!:(

Upvote 0
If you have had a smart phone before, like the HTC xv6800, samsung i760, or any older windows mobile phone, you will actually be used to the size. I came from a line of these, with my last phone being an HTC Imagio. While it was a little shorter, the phone was fatter and all around clunkier then you would imagine. As for the X, it is perfect for me. I feel the screen ratio is just right. the 854x480 screen gives it a narrower build than the Evo, while maintaining a large, efficient screen. Try the X out, give it two days and I swear you will never go back to anything smaller than 4 inches. I still don't know how I managed to do things on a 2.8" screen...
icon10.gif

Edit**
BTW, I am a 5'8 male. Kind of on the short side, but it feels just right.

Upvote 0
coming from the original droid, i was skeptical about the size. i really dont even notice how big it is until the guys at work hold it and say "wow...thats big"

honestly, i carry it around in my front pocket (slacks at work, jeans outside of work) with no case and it is Fine. i have issues getting it out of my pocket when i am sitting down, but thats b/c i am a fata$$...lol

the DX is thin, and the hump on the back makes it a little easier to get it out of the pocket.

Upvote 0
I also was very skeptical on the size but now I have no regrets :) the buy is worth it. And I was torn between the inc and DX and coming from an eris was even harder.

I'm in the exact same boat. Have an eris and I'm choosing bt the X and the Incredible. Can you give me some of the pros/cons of switching over aside from the obvious bigger screen or speed. Like how about Sense UI vs Blur? Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones