1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How do you fully erase apps/data?Support

Last Updated:

1. shiggity

shiggity Active Member

I noticed my 8.0 Gb SD card only had 200 Mb left, so I started deleting apps left and right. However, it seemed that I only gained maybe 80mb of data back.

I plugged in my phone to my comp to view the files on the SD card and some of those apps that I deleted, the main data still seems to be on the card itself.

So does uninstalling through the phone only erase a small part of the actual app, like the shortcut or something?

How do I fully remove an app from my phone?

If it makes a difference, most of my apps are moved to my SD card via "app2sd pro" application.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    marctronixx likes this.
  2. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

You can always delete the data off the card when you are connected to the computer.
    marctronixx and shiggity like this.
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

If you download extra content for apps, such as games, that extra data is not deleted during uninstall. You have to manually delete it from the phone.

If you want to free up space, I'd recommend deleting the pre-loaded pictures and the green hornet movie, too.
    marctronixx and shiggity like this.
  4. shiggity

shiggity Active Member

Ok, thanks guys for the tips. Much appreciated!
  5. on my evo3d. how do i delete the green hornet file as well as any other files that i am unable to use, i.e. - the other 'previews' of movies that are stashed under 'Watch' on my phone/sd card.

my phone is not rooted. I have tried to use Astro but recieved some sort of 'rights' 'admin' error.

Help...just trying to free up some memory with that is being hogged by bloatware.
  6. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

mount sdcard on pc and remove files, but keep a backup just encase they are needed
    marctronixx and spineless willy like this.
  7. Wiley_11

Wiley_11 Well-Known Member

Here's what I used to gain 2.5 GB. :D

Getting Rid Of Green Hornet And Spiderman

"You can get rid of these crappy movie and crappy game to free up your SD card.

1. Connect your phone to PC via given USB cable
    2. Be sure to mount as 'SD card' not 'USB charging' via your phone screen
    3. Browse your phone's SD card via your PC

4. Crap Hornet 3D is located in ".data/HtcWatch/preload_movies/2141_0_SonyPictures_GreenHornet_3D.eny" at a whopping 1.76 GB. Delete the whole damn folder.

5. Crapman 3D game is located in "gameloft" folder at the root. Delete the whole thing. It's about 800 mb.

Viola! You just saved 2.5GB~ of your 8GB card, that's over 31% of your precious storage!" Posted by acf3passion at XDA
  8. I just removed these per Wiley-11, why do I still have the stupid app/icon for the green hornet?
  9. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

did you restart your phone yet?
    Wiley_11 and marctronixx like this.
  10. yes, i did do a restart.

I did look into my phone info with Astro, there is a gren hornet file above the sd card level, but I am unable to delete it. "permissions".

i hooked up to my lap top but that only lets me get into the sd card as a disk drive, not the phone.
  11. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

You can root and remove it now. Or wait for ICS. ICS will allow you to 'disable' apps, which will make them not show up in the app tray and they won't function until they're re-enabled. ICS should be here sometime this month or next month.
  12. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

I can't wait! :D
  13. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

I'm excited for it too.

Always remember not to get your hopes too high though ;)
  14. okay...noob question...wth is ICS
  15. Corpse11

Corpse11 Well-Known Member

Ice Cream Sandwich...code name for the newest version of the Android software
    spineless willy likes this.
  16. woodini

woodini New Member

Hello everyone. I've installed a game called "Racing Live" and it turned out it was crappy so I uninstalled it. The icon for it will not disappear though. It's not on the main screen but in the application tab(I can put it on the main screen if I want though and delete it from the main screen, it doesn't go away from the app ). I tried completely shutting it off and turning it on again but it didn't go away. I looked in the application manager and I cannot uninstall it since it doesn't appear at all there. I cleared all the data and stopped the app before uninstalling. This happened before with some other apps and the only way around it was to reset the phone to factory mode. I can't find anything named like similar or like it on the SD card. ( the previous apps were in the internal memory and it had the same effect, this app was uninstalled from the sd card ) I can't remove it by holding my finger on it and dragging it to the remove tab in the right down corner. Can anyone help me with this? I want to keep the factory reset as a last option. Thank you. :(

PS: I can't open it btw. I'd press it but nothing will happen. I tend to think that the application is long gone, but that the icon didn't go away. Maybe it's a cache issue?
  17. vindico pallens

vindico pallens Active Member

Not rooted and I followed what wiley said and then went to settings>applications>manage applications>all found the spider man, green hornet, watch, and 3d games and uninstalled them. They don't show up anymore. No restart needed.