• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do "You" use your android device for Education Purposes?

awaqa909

Lurker
May 8, 2015
Was at a loss of where to post this...
A few times I have thought about getting some sort of tablet to help me learn stuff on, but would like to know how others are using their devices for similar stuff.

-Free
-Reading
-Math
-Science
-Others
are the things that are on my mind.
Really I'm fairly nooby to android...

How, What, Free? Do you such educational things on a android device?

(I have a note 2 to test out before I go and buy a $200-300 tablet...)

Thanks,
Awaqa909

What are you actually teaching or what do you want to learn about from "the vast sea of knowledge"? I'm a teacher who's very interested in using tech, but math, physics, science, etc. education apps, I know almost nothing about except what I might find via Google or Bing :) I teach English to Chinese and Mongolian students. While there is a lot of free stuff out there, much of it can be rather amateurish and sometimes has mistakes and errors in them, or very limited demos and trials, and if you want the full versions you have to pay. Rosetta Stone is one of the best apps IMO for teaching and learning languages, but it's not cheap. Busuu is good as well, but to get the full use you have to take out a subscription.

The British Council do some good professional free apps for learning English, ESL.
http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/apps
PBS could be worth a look at as well, really for elementary level though.
http://www.pbs.org/digitalshop/apps/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Make sure you send that link for free apps for learning English to Funky, I'm sure he could use it Mike!! Lol. I'd also so that any Chess Playing app would offer plenty of learning opportunities as chess has been shown to improve a ton of concentration and focusing skills in some of the areas the OP mentioned in the first post!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones