• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How does OEM Stratosphere car dock enable car mode?

I've grown used to the magnet in the Droid car dock putting the Droid in car dock mode automatically. I bought a universal mount for the Stratosphere rather than the OEM mount.

I've tried running a magnet (possibly too powerful?) all over the back and side of the stratosphere to see if it would enable car or desk mode, but I never got a thing.

Any ideas? How can I hack the mount I bought (or the Strat itself) to enable car mode for my generic mount?

If I recall correctly, the Moto Droid dock (either for car or desk, was a long time ago that I saw it) used two magnets spaced apart. That was probably to prevent accidental triggering of car or desk mode if it came near a single magnet. Sadly, the easiest way to test that would be to buy the OEM dock and check it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones