• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How long does a replacement phone take to be sent back?

Skelaz

Aug 12, 2012
I sent back the replacement phone on September 12th. I called VM to check on September 19th, they say they haven't RECEIVED IT YET?! I checked the USPS tracking number online and on phone on the prepaid envelope and it has no tracking information.

Does it usually take this long? Because I am not about to have my account suspended for something I did not do. And it's almost 15 days.

I am having the same issue, I required a replacement battery cover and Virgin in their infinite wisdom only has it in the system attached to the phone. I sent the phone back after 2 days and that was over a week ago. I live quite a distance from the post office so I just put it in my mailbox. Still nothing showing up on the site but just to calm you down a bit while the reps say if they don't receive it within 15 days your account can be suspended that's just to motivate people to return them ASAP. You actually have 45 days before they will attempt to suspend your account. As a side note besides putting the VMU # on the outside of the envelope I always make a copy of the packing slip and include that also so that my name and address are also readily available. After my Triumph fiasco I've returned almost 10 phones and it's taken anywhere from a week to over a month before Virgin acknowledged receipt.

Reactions: Skelaz
Upvote 0
I am having the same issue, I required a replacement battery cover and Virgin in their infinite wisdom only has it in the system attached to the phone. I sent the phone back after 2 days and that was over a week ago. I live quite a distance from the post office so I just put it in my mailbox. Still nothing showing up on the site but just to calm you down a bit while the reps say if they don't receive it within 15 days your account can be suspended that's just to motivate people to return them ASAP. You actually have 45 days before they will attempt to suspend your account. As a side note besides putting the VMU # on the outside of the envelope I always make a copy of the packing slip and include that also so that my name and address are also readily available. After my Triumph fiasco I've returned almost 10 phones and it's taken anywhere from a week to over a month before Virgin acknowledged receipt.

Wooh, what a breather. Thanks again, OverByter.

Upvote 0
Matter of fact when I spoke with them last night concerning another matter I bought this up because my 15th day would be this Friday and they told me not to worry about it, if it still doesn't show up on the USPS website by Monday just give them a call and they'll escalate it with the post office from their end and try to figure out what's going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones