• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many HTC Desire HD owners are planning to get another HTC phone?

For HTC Desire HD owners - Do you still plan to buy a HTC phone for your next phone?

• Never again!

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Yes, I still love HTC.

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • Only if it is a HTC Nexus phone.

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters
Not sure what to do, I'm up for renewal in November. I was miffed at a 2 year contract as it's a bloody long time.

The idea of not being able to remove the battery on new HTC phones sucks, I love the fact I have an SD card too. I love my phone though it can be glitchy sometimes.

I'm at a loss as to what to get now. Nothing is inspiring me right now. I see quite a few of you are looking at Samsung, how big is this phone. I don't want anything bigger than the desire hd.

I'm in a weird place as always knew what I wanted when I was due for an upgrade. :thinking:
I'll answer the poll when I've looked into the nexus

Upvote 0
... I'm at a loss as to what to get now. Nothing is inspiring me right now. I see quite a few of you are looking at Samsung, how big is this phone. I don't want anything bigger than the desire hd. ...

Compare the SIII against the DHD and it's just slightly longer, but about the same width/depth. Much lighter and I think it feels more comfortable in my hand.

Dave

Upvote 0
Im not sure, so none of the poll options really apply to me!
Im on a sim only contract which im happy with and can buy a new sim free phone whenever I like, ive had my Desire HD now coming up to 2 years so think time for an upgrade soon, but im reasonably happy for the most part. My biggest complaint about it atm is im only getting 6hrs battery tops out of it, so have had to order my FOURTH replacement battery for it..

And thats whats putting me off HTC at the moment..if im on my 4th battery for the HD (one was the original but too low capacity, 1 sort of blew up in the middle, and the 3rd just wont hold a charge anymore), theres no way that I want a phone where I cant replace the battery on, so might not be able to use in a year or less! Also, the lack of a microSD slot also is a big problem for me as I like for backup if nothing else.
While the One X looks great, those two things put me off like most other people.

On the other hand, I dont want a Galaxy S3..4 people I know have one, and ive played with them, and I hate it. My Desire HD seems much better to use, and user interface seems a lot user friendly and smoother than the S3's.
I dont think sony have anything close at the min, but another friends Arc S is pretty good.

So yeah, im not sure what phone to go for..

Upvote 0
I have slew'd a bit and am reconsidering the HTC One again, yes the card and battery issue are causing me doubt, the updates still unsure but I like the actual phone and interface as crippsy_99 points out.

I am due an upgrade with Tesco Mobile in January but the Mrs now wants to ditch her Wildfire with o2 (cant blame her) and I am torn between asking for two Samsung S3 or the HTC One for both of us, though I do have another account with Tesco for my son (sim only) so may get a good deal?????

The One seems more rugged (needed in my job) than the S3...decisions decisions.

The HTC Desire HD is still a fantastic phone just a shame about the update as I think more carriers would have stocked and sold it more... again I stand by my statement a few weeks ago, "How to loose money quickly" HTC :(

Upvote 0
In the past month since my last post, the HTC community has removed my disappointment on the lack of a ICS update. I have run Jelly Bean on this thing.

At the same time I have developed an even higher sense of respect for HTC hardware. I started to really ramp up on what I do with my phone. I have installed a lot of ROMs, sometimes just a few hours apart, messed with voltages, governors, tweaked governors and clock speeds. It is a well built phone which has not let me down. I have full confidence in the hardware.

So the other day I took a look at the One S. Fine piece of hardware. Not yet up for retention (contract not up yet) so I will wait. And I have also decided this DHD won't wind up on Ebay. It ends its life with me.

With me foot in my mouth, I think I will probably be getting another HTC phone.

Update: Looks like the HTC One X has a more interesting set of custom ROM's though.

Upvote 0
Of course, if you want a bigger battery and SD card HTC have just announced this beast .... HTC J Butterfly unveiled with full HD, 5-inch display | News | TechRadar ....

The original HTC J launched in Japan earlier this year, sporting a 4.3-inch qHD display, and the J Butterfly builds on this substantially, boasting an impressive Super LCD 3, 5-inch display with a staggering 1080 x 1920 resolution. .... It's not all about the big screen though, the HTC J Butterfly also has impressive specs under the hood, with a 1.5GHz quad-core processor backed up by 2GB of RAM, which will make mincemeat of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS which has been slapped onto the phone. .....

Dave

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Update: Looks like the HTC One X has a more interesting set of custom ROM's though.

Yep, there's some top ROMs for the One X, Venom being one of the best (probably for any device tbh, I've not seen a more customisable ROM).

Say what you will about htc themselves, 9 times out of 10, their devices will always have an excellent dev community.

Reactions: Mehta23
Upvote 0
With a starting price of US$299 with a quad core krait and 2 GB of RAM, I think the Nexus 4 is my next phone. I think I will "splurge" for the 16 GB model. Will probably get one unlocked off-contract.

I was gonna get the nexus 4 but 16gb is just too small unfortunately. 32 or 64 and i would be pre ordering that thing. I could be swayed by it still though coz my mum's getting one lol so i might change my mind when i see it in person.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones