• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much are your fees?

RoboMonkey

Android Expert
May 12, 2010
On my last bill I had like $15 of fees not taxes but fees. So sprint gets you on the front end with the $10 fee and then again on back. Do all post paid subs have such high fees?

Edit: Its $10 for me
Sprint Surcharges are rates we choose to collect from you to help defray costs imposed on us. Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $2.33
City-License Surcharge $5.66
Administrative Charge $1.98
Regulatory Charge $0.80
--------------
$10.77

Sprint Surcharges...
Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD ............................................................. $0.94
Arizona State-911 Surcharge ...................................................................... $0.20
Arizona State-Tele Sales Surcharge ............................................................. $2.19
Maricopa County-Tele Sales Surcharge ....................................................... $0.23
Phoenix City-Tele Sales Surcharge .............................................................. $1.56
Administrative Charge ................................................................................ $0.99
Regulatory Charge ...................................................................................... $0.40

Total: $6.51

Plus the 10 dollar SmartPhone/unlimited data fee.

total bill after corperate discount for Everything Data 450 with unlimited mobile to mobile and data is $67 bucks. (includes all taxes, fees, and insurance)

Most fees are based on where you live and vary by location, pretty standard for most cell providers.

Upvote 0
Tell it to the government.

All of thos surcharges are charges that sprint occurs from your government.

Remember the last time you voted down the gas tax, well they just increased your cell surcharges to make up for it.

All companys charge it. They usually are based on federal, county, municipality, and city.

If you dont want to pay them, protest it to the government.

Upvote 0

Remember the last time you voted down the gas tax, well they just increased your cell surcharges to make up for it.

All companys charge it. They usually are based on federal, county, municipality, and city.

That is not exactly true. There are two categories. One if for sprint surcharges and the other for fees and taxes. I am kinda interested to learn what the surcharges are...

Upvote 0
Mine are crazy:

On Mar 7, 2011 6:02 PM, <aharris@yourmsc.com> wrote:
>
> Sprint Surcharges
>
> $17.31
>
> Hide Details And Explanation of Charges
>
> Sprint Surcharges are rates we choose to collect from you to help defray costs imposed on us. Surcharges are not taxes on you or amounts we are required to collect from you by law. Surcharges other charges incurred to recover costs associated with governmental programs, and certain taxes imposed upon Sprint. The amounts, and the components used to calculate Surcharge amounts, are subject to change.
>
>

Upvote 0
I'd be interested to know how much verizion charges. Seems like sprint might only be less on the surface.

Na, My girlfriend just switched to Sprint several months ago from VZW and is now paying less in taxes/fees, and her total bill is over 20 bucks a month cheeper. She now gets more and pays less.

My bro just added a line to my account and was on T-Mo, he was paying about the same there in fees and taxes. We both save money now, too.

Reactions: RoboMonkey
Upvote 0
This is on an Everything Data 1500 plan with 2 lines and a 23% discount, so I'm really not sure if those fees are assessed on the $129.99 or $100.09:

Sprint Surcharges $4.84
Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $2.06
Regulatory Charge $0.80
Government Fees & Taxes $5.04
Iowa State-911 Tax $1.30
Iowa State-Sales Tax $3.68
Iowa State-TRS Charge $0.06

Not too bad. My home phone, which I wish The Wife would just agree to get rid of, is metered, $12.95/month. After taxes and such it's about $8 more!

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0
I'm actually quite surprised my bill here in CA is less than it was in AZ and less than most of you guys. No complaints though. ;)

Sprint Surcharges $4.15
Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $1.31
California State-PUC User Fee $0.06
Regulatory Charge $0.80
Government Fees & Taxes $3.43
California State-911 Tax $0.14
California State-CA High Cost B & Adv Fund $0.12
California State-CA Relay Service Fund $0.05
California State-Tele Fund Charge $0.02
California State-Univ Lifeline Serv Charge $0.31
San Bernardino City-Utility Tax $2.79

Upvote 0
That is not exactly true. There are two categories. One if for sprint surcharges and the other for fees and taxes. I am kinda interested to learn what the surcharges are...

Look at the breakdown for the Sprint charges. They're all government charges too, with the possible exception of the "administrative charge".

Some are charges paid directly to the gummint, others are charged to Sprint and they pass them through to the consumer. Either way, they're all gummint charges.

Upvote 0
I'm actually quite surprised my bill here in CA is less than it was in AZ and less than most of you guys. No complaints though. ;)

Sprint Surcharges $4.15
Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $1.31
California State-PUC User Fee $0.06
Regulatory Charge $0.80
Government Fees & Taxes $3.43
California State-911 Tax $0.14
California State-CA High Cost B & Adv Fund $0.12
California State-CA Relay Service Fund $0.05
California State-Tele Fund Charge $0.02
California State-Univ Lifeline Serv Charge $0.31
San Bernardino City-Utility Tax $2.79

I feel lucky in MD. This is VZ Wireless Nationwide. Anyone know if these surcharges are required to have any relationship to the taxes/fees that the carriers must remit to a government ?

Account Charges and Credits
MD State 911 Surcharge .25
Prince George's Co 911 Surcharge .75
Total Account Charges and Credits 1.00

Verizon Wireless Surcharges
Fed Universal Service Charge 1.13
Regulatory Charge .13
Administrative Charge .83
Total Verizon Wireless Surcharges 1.99

Taxes,Government Surcharges and Fees
Md State Sales Tax 2.22
Prince Georges Co Sales Tax 2.96

Taxes,Government Surcharges and Fees 5.18

Upvote 0

please tell me who to complain to? I am so tired of the Government ripping us off. I have surcharges out the wazoo on my cell bill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones