how much space do I need on my SD card before rooting?

Last Updated:

1. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have read and read and read. I want to take the leap soon. I hear it goes fast but I want to set aside am entire evening or afternoon.

How much space so I need to have on my SD card? Mine is almost full. Which means I'll probably get a bigger one soon. I want more music :)

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

I'd say you'd be safe around 1GB, maybe a little more.

you'll need space for all the ROMs you want to have easy access to (meaning keeping them on your SD) and for backups

slugbug likes this.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

If you are close to full now I'd just invest in the larger card now... I had about 1gb left and rooted..all was well until I started putting roms and kernels and backups on the sd card. I purchased a 16gb and try and keep a good 6gb free at all times (for now)_

slugbug likes this.
  4. AHP

AHP Member

t0ast3d is doing great things!
    I would say 1GB is very conservative, I save most of my ROM's on my pc and then add them to my SD to save some space. I think I have OCD!

slugbug likes this.
  5. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

If you're going to get a new (16GB) card, I'd highly recommend at least a Class 6 card for faster read/writes. Your backups/restores/ROM loads will go faster and recording with the Camcorder in 720p is much better.

slugbug likes this.