• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add markers on Map

Deewanagan

Lurker
Jan 18, 2010
Hello everyone,

i wanted to know how to add marker on a map? right now, i am trying to build an application that shows the persons current location, and i can follow it. but the problem is i don't have a pointer, so the changing is vague. what i want is to show the persons location with a marker(e.g some kind of bubble) and follow it. can some one help?

thanx

Hello everyone,

i wanted to know how to add marker on a map? right now, i am trying to build an application that shows the persons current location, and i can follow it. but the problem is i don't have a pointer, so the changing is vague. what i want is to show the persons location with a marker(e.g some kind of bubble) and follow it. can some one help?

thanx

You mean you're looking for an app that logs someone's - who is on, say, Latitude - route e.g. every few minutes and displays that sequence on a map (ideally with timestamps)?

Souns like job for Tasker.

Or do you want to just manually add varying markers on a map?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones