• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add stuff to my SD card and how to see what files are on the card?

Bluz

Nov 10, 2011
I plus my phone into my pc and I don't seem to be able to find the SD card storage, I've tried as a mass storage USB and just normal...Do you guys know how I can find it?

Also is there an app that will tell me what files are on my SD card? Thanks.

I plus my phone into my pc and I don't seem to be able to find the SD card storage, I've tried as a mass storage USB and just normal...Do you guys know how I can find it?

Also is there an app that will tell me what files are on my SD card? Thanks.

Try enabling usb debugging settings/applications/development
if your phone doesn't have a native explorer, I'd recommend es file explorer or astro file manager.

Upvote 0
This is another of those situations where the solution to the problem is obvious once you've been told where to look!

Thanks, the reply above certainly helped me.

On the ViewPad7, connect to your PC and

select 'Settings'

Hit SD card & phone storage

Hit 'Unmount SD card' then 'OK'

On the VP7 screeen you'll see the indication has changed to 'Mount SD card'.

"Pull" down the menu under that screen and you'll see 'USB connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer' - hit there and you'll go to another screen where the Android character has turned green you'll see a message telling you 'USB connected' - follow the instructions shown and the Android turns to red.

You can simply drag and drop files across from your PC to whatever drive your VP7 in on.

Just follow the instruction to reverse the op and start reading the files on your tablet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones