• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add to sharing options, send to my mail?

Kevil

Lurker
Jul 10, 2020
I often forward links to various articles from my mobile phone to my email. Is it possible to somehow add another item to the sharing option - send to my (specified) mail address, so that I don't always have to select my mail address from my contacts?

Google news. OK. Click on the sideways V, that's the share option, then choose your Gmail, see screenshot...
Screenshot_20231109-205224.png

Upvote 0
I often forward links to various articles from my mobile phone to my email. Is it possible to somehow add another item to the sharing option - send to my (specified) mail address, so that I don't always have to select my mail address from my contacts?
You cannot edit the system share menu. It will often suggest individual messaging contacts, based on some algorithm in part linked to who you share stuff with regularly, but it will not in my experience suggest individual email contacts.

I put "in my experience" because I can't be sure that there isn't some email app that interacts with it in a way that gets it treated like a messaging app. But it's none of the ones I use if so (note though that I disabled the GMail app as soon as I got the phone so can't comment on that one - I don't use it, so it's just bloatware to me).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Well, you need to have the Gmail app installed on your phone. Since it's not listed in the menu, there's your problem.
And if once installed still doesn't show up, then you are all out of options and you'll have to continue doing it like you've been doing...
I have the Gmail app installed on my phone, it is the Android standard, but it doesn't solve my problem.

Upvote 0
Did you not follow my steps from previous?

If you aren't doing this correctly then I can't help you
As I mentioned in my recent post, there is no option in the share option to send a link to the article directly to my email account, although based on a weird algorithm, some of my contacts' email accounts which I recently sent email are showing up there. My email account is not there, however.

Please post here a picture with your Google news share option with your blurred email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones