• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change or get rid of home page clock background pic?

skeptic53

Lurker
Jul 27, 2014
I have a brand new Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5. I hate having 1/3 of my home page taken up by the insipid background photo associated with the clock. I've Googled and checked all sorts of search terms, various forums and enthusiast sites, and have searched the forums for this question, haven't found the question much less an answer. Lots of stuff on customizing the lock screen. Not much on customizing the home screen and nothing about my issue with the clock. It's frickin' huge! Why??? I don't care about dual time or weather and I'd love to either change the image background or better yet change to a small clock with no background. Remember I'm talking about the clock on the HOME page, not the lock screen. You can shrink the clock on the lock screen, and it doesn't have the photo background.

Anyone? Bueller? Thanks

I'm not sure how yours is set up but I have a weather widget on the home screen which takes up a good majority of the screen. If you want to get rid if it just press and hold. You should see an X at the top of the page. Drag it up there and it should go away.

Tried this 3 times, it didn't work. Then I read your post, thought "what the hell, I'll try again". And it worked! Yowza! Thanks a ton. Why it didn't work earlier, I don't know. Maybe the phone is still waking up.

Upvote 0
You can get rid of the picture behind the clock as follows:
1) Tap the clock widget on the homescreen
2) on the screen that opens, press the "3 dots" icon in the top right of the screen, and then "settings" from the drop down menu
3) Set "Widget Transparency" to 100% to make the background transparent

Go back to the homescreen and the image has gone

Upvote 0
You can get rid of the picture behind the clock as follows:
1) Tap the clock widget on the homescreen
2) on the screen that opens, press the "3 dots" icon in the top right of the screen, and then "settings" from the drop down menu
3) Set "Widget Transparency" to 100% to make the background transparent

Go back to the homescreen and the image has gone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones