• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to connect my phone to the computer without use of the screen

Hi everyone, I am having some trouble with my android phone. I am using a CUBOT s350.

My first problem is that I cannot connect my phone to the computer. This problem has been there for a while now, but after spending hours trying to fix it I ended up just transferring files using Google Drive. So no problems so far.

However, now my touch screen has stopped working. I have tried all the solutions I can find on the internet, except one - a factory reset of the phone. This would be fine, but I would like to back up my photos first, by connecting it to the computer... except the computer does not recognise the phone.
I have tried updating drivers and uninstalling the device, but Windows insists I have the correct drivers installed (even after I attempt to uninstall them).

Any help on how to either fix the touch screen with no computer connection or how to connect to the computer with no use of the touch screen would be a massive help!

Thanks, Sam

Firstly I would say a factory reset is unlikely to fix a non-responsive screen, but you never know. Can you send it back for repair?

Moving on, do you have an sdcard installed on the phone and if so how likely is it that you have chosen the sdcard as the location to save your photos? If the awnser is yes to both you can simply plug the sdcard into your PC using a dongle and extract the photos.

Secondly, are you using the google "photo" app and is it set to backup your photos? If the awnser is yes to both you can recover the photos when you reinstall the device.

Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones