• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to downgrade the amonra recovery image?

mitzumr

Apr 19, 2010
Does anyone know how can i revert from 1.6.2 to 1.5.76 or even the stock one, i've tried flashing it but it wont backup my current RImage, i've tried two different Recovery Flasher apps but none of them works?.... Please can you help me? i need to do this in order to unlock it...

I've never heard of downgrading your recovery image before. Surely anything that works on 1.5.76 would work on 1.6.2?

Anyway, this is how I'd do it. Put the recovery-1.5.76.img on the root of your SD card and download the 'Android Terminal Emulator' app.

Then go to the terminal app and hit return (enter). Then, one at a time, enter:

su
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-hero-vX.X.X.img

You'll have to click allow on the superuser permissions app after entering su. Then obviously make sure the 'vX.X.X.img' bit matches the file name of the one you want to flash.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones