• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to download and install Plantronics Hub (PLT HUB) which is no longer in the Play Store

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
My Samsung phone no longer has Plantronics Hub aka PLT HUB, a great app to control my old Plantronics BT headset. How may I install this app if it's not in the Play Store? The current version, Poly Lens, will not work with the bluetooth set, but Plantronics Hub will work.

I have PLT Hub on one Android phone. Can it be transferred to the other phone? If so, how?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you. It said the application was not installed because the package did not appear valid. Do you have another link?

Maybe the APK package was corrupted or truncated? Try downloading and installing it again.

FWIW it did install and appeared to run on my Samsung phone with Android 13. Of course I couldn't test the app properly, as I don't have any Plantronics devices.

What phone or tablet have you got there, make, model, and Android version?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tried four times: "app not installed as package appears too be invalid"
A54 5G. Android 13

That's a recent Samsung phone. I would have thought it would install and run on your phone . As it did on my Note20 Ultra with the same Android version.

But now as to why it doesn't, no real ideas.

Upvote 0
I have PLT Hub on one Android phone. Can it be transferred to the other phone? If so, how?

Thanks.

You should be able to it with Samsung Smart Switch, as that can transfer installed apps along with their user data to a new Samsung phone.

What's your old device that has PLT Hub installed on? Because some phones can transfer apps to other Android devices via Bluetooth. I know Huawei, Honor, and Xiaomi phones have this feature. Where you hold down on the app's icon, and there's an option to "Share". and it basically copies the installed app APK to the target device via Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A factory reset will return the phone to it's original factory status. Anything you have added to the the phone as well as settings will be reset. Phones are designed to only retain the firmware and software that the phone was sold with. The only modification that it retains with a factory reset is the original gmail login information that you added when you first set up the phone. This is to keep anyone from resetting your phone and taking over ownership. If you decide to factory reset your phone, you will need those credentials to access your phone or you will be denied access. You will want to back up everything that's important to you on your phone prior to doing a factory reset.

I've never tried to move just one file or app with smart switch. The app gives you choices as to what you want transferred such as apps, texts, and such but I don't think it narrows the choices down to a single app.

I think it's the same with a transfer. You can transfer apps but not one specific app.

I could well be wrong with question 2 and 3 answers. I've never attempted the copy of a single app.

If I were you, I'd concentrate on why you can't load the app from the sources shared in this thread. It's likely some conflict with your phone that a reset would fix. However, I'm not one that likes to reset my phone. I'm more of the guy that would probably move to a different set of BT headsets or live without the managing app that you now enjoy.

Upvote 0
Just install this Swift Backup - Apps on Google Play
Backup your apk, then transfer it to the new device

The problem is that I only want to add this one app to the A54.

When using Android File Transfer, there is no folder labeled APPS or Applications, so cannot transfer this one app using AFT. When using Syncios File Transfer, I can save the Applications to a hard drive, but when opening up that folder, each folder has a bizarre code, and has a com file therein. Partial screenshot attached.

So how to transfer just one app from the old phone to the new one?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 12.32.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 12.32.13 AM.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones