• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get camera pictures off phone

geoffsweb

Nov 16, 2009
Hopefully I'm making this more complicated than it is and am just not seeing things.... How do you go about getting the pictures you take on the camera phone to your pc? I have the cable connected and mounted. I see the folders in my Windows Explorer view on my pc, but I don't see a Gallery folder or anything else that holds my pictures that I have taken with my camera.

Thanks for the help.

I have an HTC droid incredible, and I shot a 24 mb video that saved onto the phones internal memory. Now I can't email it ("file size too big") and I can't figure out a way to move it to the SD card. I've got a file manager application, but I can't seem to find any place where the video file is stored internally.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
What file manager are you using? (Some have more customizable search functions than others.)
Can you shoot another small video at a given time (say 12:30), and search for it?
Can you try to select a video as an attachment for an email, and get a pop up asking which one you want? (That would give you the full name to use in the File manager search.)

Upvote 0
ProjectaPhone_Launches_Image_Capture_and_Display_System_1.jpg

Upvote 0
What file manager are you using? (Some have more customizable search functions than others.)
Can you shoot another small video at a given time (say 12:30), and search for it?
Can you try to select a video as an attachment for an email, and get a pop up asking which one you want? (That would give you the full name to use in the File manager search.)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try searching. So far I have been able to add it to the HTC mail app, (not the gmail app) and it appears to send, but then I get an error once it tries to send. I think I can see the full file name on that screen, I'll look next time I have access to the phone (its my mom's phone).

That should clear it up. I'll try and remember to post if I'm successful, so others can figure out how to do this in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones