1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to get Facebook numbers into my phone's contact list

1. anthonymd13

anthonymd13 New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to the android OS and I got a Hero two days ago. Is there anyway to get all my facebook numbers into my people list? I have the facebook phonebook link on my homescreen with the my contacts with their numbers but they are not in my people list so i cant directly send a text from the facebook phonebook I can only call, so is there anyway to merge/import to my people list on the phone

Thanks, Anthony

Advertisement
    :
  2. tjr980

tjr980 New Member

I have this exact same problem. If you ever find out a solution let me know please. This is really starting to get frustrating....
  3. bird jam

bird jam Well-Known Member

I don't know if this works for all phones, but on my HTC Incredible, when I am in my contact list I can press theft menu button and one of the menu options is "View". When I press that, it brings up a screen with checkboxes, one of which is Facebook contacts with phone numbers. When I check that box it adds my Facebook friends to my contacts.

Hope that works for you.
  4. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

my phone automatically added facebook numbers to my contacts and synched their profile pictures, I have tons of phone numbers I never had now.
  5. joshjunior

joshjunior Member

try going to your accnts under settings and sync'n ur accnts?
  6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

With Android 1.5 (that the Hero comes with) you cannot get facebook numbers into People (only picture and birthday), you can only add the facebook number widget to your home screen.

With Android 2.1 you can add your facebook numbers (and other details) to People. The Hero 2.1 update is rolling out now so you should get it in the next month or so or you can already upgrade to a custom ROM.
  7. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

If the initial sync didn't work, sign out of the app and sign back in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk