• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to get the stock messaging back

bdrayer

Sep 3, 2010
Hey guys I am having this problem in handcent too....I have a Evo from sprint. The bad thing is that when i rooted I got rid of the stock messaging stuff so I didnt have multiple alerts saying I had a message. Any idea how to get the stock messaging back?

thanks,
Brett

Hey guys I am having this problem in handcent too....I have a Evo from sprint. The bad thing is that when i rooted I got rid of the stock messaging stuff so I didnt have multiple alerts saying I had a message. Any idea how to get the stock messaging back?

thanks,
Brett

Do you have a nandroid backup you can restore to bring it back to a time when you had the stock messaging? Another thing you can do is flash a stock rooted ROM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=HTC_Supersonic/ROMs

Upvote 0
When you say you got rid of the "stock messaging stuff", do you mean you turned off notifications and want to turn them back on, or do you mean you actually removed it? Handcent just runs on top of the stock messaging app. If you remove it, it will break.

If it's the former, just open the stock messaging app->menu->Settings->Check "Received notification". Then just remove Handcent.

If it's the latter, well, I hope you made a nandroid backup. You might be able to find the apk somewhere. Are you running a custom rom or just stock? If you have a custom rom, just reflash it. If not, you can take this opportunity to use one. Just backup everything with titanium backup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones