1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How to make your own boot animation the super easy way

1. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

This is the most simplest way ever to make your own custom boot animation. All credit goes to the creator despotovski01

First you will want to find all the images you want to use. Then with a program like FastStone Photo Resizer do a batch rename of all your images. To make it simple, in the spot it asks you what you want to rename them all to put this: B_40_000# It will then rename and number them B_40_0001, B_40_0002, B_40_0003, etc, etc, etc Then make a folder on your desktop, doesnt matter what you name it. Inside that folder make 2 folders one named: part0 the other part1 and put the majority of your pictures in part0 and a few in part1. Done there time to move on :)

Now you want to download this program: Boot Animation Creator-Make Android Boot Animations With Ease!

Now lets get to the fun part:

Advertisement
    Im4Android, hvrc, Mikito1976 and 8 others like this.
  2. NeoSabin

NeoSabin Well-Known Member

In guessing it doesn't auto convert images to .png?
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I used jpeg's. I actually converted a youtube music video into images and into a boot animation.
  4. KaneOfMars

KaneOfMars Well-Known Member

not sure what im doing wrong

images are there, preview works, but when I boot my phone... blank screen???

any ideas?
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Did you rename each of them B_40_0000, B_40_0001, B_40_0002, B_40_0003, etc, etc? That's the way the stock boot animation has them named.
    KaneOfMars likes this.
  6. KaneOfMars

KaneOfMars Well-Known Member

I'll try that, thanks
  7. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

Its not working for me :/ I get the normal LG screen boot, and the "Wireless for all" guy, w/ none of my pictures showing (besides the stock boot images). When I saved the whole project, it turned it into a ZIP file, I put that file in the root of the SD card/phone, via USB. Also, as Step 2 shows, I put the number of loops for part1, as zero. I have no idea, what I did wrong. I renamed the photos as "B_40_0000" etc.
  8. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Did you put the file in the system>media folder? Also 0 means infinity you can change it to anything you want.
  9. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

No. Its just on its own, on the SD card. How do I move it to System>Media? I think thats what I'm having problems with.
  10. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

u can move it with root explorer ,in root explorer go to ur sd card and find what u looking for then press on it and copy it go back out to system/media then u paste it thats it!!!!!!!! Hope that help a little;)
    PRkid likes this.
  11. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

It worked.. Thanks a whole lottt. I never had Root Explorer. Thank you!!
  12. synergy7

synergy7 Well-Known Member

how did you convert the youtube vid into images?
  13. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Mikito1976, synergy7 and mrpnut like this.
  14. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

glad i was able to help :)
  15. synergy7

Thanks shinyside...i always feel bad asking so many questions. I promise I will contribute soon to our forums rather than constantly throwing out ??????????????????? lol.
  16. Insanecrane

Insanecrane Well-Known Member

One of the things I love about this community is that from the noobiest noob to the expert dev nobody EVER makes anyone feel like they are an idiot or a pain in the ass.

Everyone contributes in their own way whether they know it or not i.e. your problem and someone else's solution makes the forum better for everyone.

Great tutorial Shiny!
    Im4Android and synergy7 like this.
  17. synergy7

awesome! i was successful in creating a boot animation! Your the best! Any idea on changing the LG logo? Is it possible? Im trying to create a 100% starcraft themed phone.
  18. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Well-Known Member

How come this goes so fast in the previews no matter what I do??? Would it be fast like this on the phone???
  19. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Well-Known Member

anyone???
  20. dsmryder

dsmryder Well-Known Member Developer

I'm just throwing this out there. I saw a guide (someware) that you need to set the frame rate in your bootanimation.zip
    I am learning myself and I need to find all of this again when I'm ready. But I do know you set a frame rate. It's a text file that looks something like
    480 480 24p 1 0 androidp 0 0 part1

The first #s are for the resolution, the third is the frame rate, the fourth is weather or not to repeate the animation.... I forgot what the fifth is.
  21. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Its called a desc file. With the animation maker it 'writes" and makes that file for you. (Step 2 of the guide)

It look something like this once its made

400 800 15
    p 1 0 part0
    p 1 0 part1
  22. toke_

toke_ Well-Known Member

i did everything right and i put the zip under media via usb and when i rebooted my phone it didnt come up. Just the boot animation that comes with ICS gingersteem rom. does this not work with custom roms?
  23. regenarodrigue

regenarodrigue Active Member

Link is dead
  24. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

You need to rename the file to bootanimation.zip

K thank you. Will fix it as soon as I can get the creator to fix his link to an updated version that was updated on 2/15. His link is dead also. I dont have the original zip file anymore :(
  25. xlegitimate

xlegitimate Well-Known Member

phone stuck on bootloop now lol. kudos =|

Reflashed phone problem fixed. wont be attempting to use this guide again lol