How to move folders from original sd card to new sd cardSupport

1. alggomas

alggomas Member

I have read similar posts . Not sure if applies to me !

I have the new SD card in phone and the original folders on the 2gb sd card. Can I transfer folders from the card to the new card please?
    That is. Phone plugged into computer and original card plugged in?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

Sure you can

Plug your phone into a computer. The phone might show an option for USB settings (if not drag your status bar down from the very top of the display and look there). If it has an option for disk storage or mass storage or something like that (depends on the phone) click it.

The computer should recognize the phone and give you an option to open folder to view files (if it
  3. alggomas

alggomas Member

Thanks for reply.
    I probably did not explain correctly.
    The original card is out of the phone and the new one in the phone.
    Can I plug in the phone (use as mass storage), and also the original (in a reader), into my computer and just copy and paste the folders into my new sd card in the phone?
    Thanks.
  4. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

If you have a usb card reader that will read your old micro SD... you can move folders from one card to the other via the PC between them. If you don't have a reader, simply remove the new card, replace with the old... copy folders to PC. Remove old card and reinstall new and copy or move the folders to the new card.
  5. alggomas

alggomas Member

Thans. This solves my question.