• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Odin and Galexo ROM

Is this information usefull?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi, I am very new to android so this may be a stupid question but want to make sure before I proceed. The steps to update the firmware seem fairly straight forward, thank you for making it easy to understand. My questions concern the information here.

1. I can just update the firmware i.e put the II5 firmware on and nothing else that this post describes, is that correct?

2. The other question is will updating to O2 II5 firmware lock my cellphone? I am in Canada and I have a cell from Australia which is unlocked. Just wondering if updating it to the UK firmware will cause me any issues. And no this is not the Bell I7500L its the original I7500 phone.

Thanks for all your help

Upvote 0
1. I can just update the firmware i.e put the II5 firmware on and nothing else that this post describes, is that correct?

2. The other question is will updating to O2 II5 firmware lock my cellphone? I am in Canada and I have a cell from Australia which is unlocked. Just wondering if updating it to the UK firmware will cause me any issues. And no this is not the Bell I7500L its the original I7500 phone.

1. you don't need to do galexo (or whatever it's called, seems to sometimes be spelled with a, sometimes with e...), just vanilla firmware
flashing a new firmware will erase your phone's memory (not sd, but apps and settings), which you'll need to restore

2. no, it won't lock the phone. you'll wanna remove the csc (depending on the firmware package it'll be a file called cache.img or *.csc)

Upvote 0

[FONT=&quot]Installing Recovery Image And Galexo ROM's[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With the phone plugged in via USB and the phone off go to command prompt by typing in cmd in search or run box in windows and cd to the tools directory then[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It will say... < Waiting for device >[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Long-press the two Call buttons on the phone and you will see it load in fast boot and confirm file transfer was successful.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The new recovery image will be flashed,[/FONT]

I just installed II5 in with android version 1.5.

I struck up with the next step that is " Installing recovery image and galaxy ROM".

1) With the phone plugged in via USB and phone off - Yes done by switching off the device and connecting device with laptop.
2) go to command prompt by typing in cmd in search - or run box in - If i type cmd in search / run bar ( space ) the curser is blinking where i can start typing any commond.
3) and cd to the tools directory then[FONT=&quot]

Upvote 0
Hi i succesfully have the recovery image on the i7500,

the next step is wipe/factory..

but when i press the home button (the thingy with arrow up) nothing happends and it returns to recovery screen.

also when i try apply sdcard/update.zip and i press the home button again, it says "installation failed".

I have the ii5.tar and the update.zip on the root of the internal sdcard.

Please Help

Upvote 0
Hi frnds,
at last finally to a step to root my galaxy and flash custom roms.yesterday I successfully flashed with drakaz's recovery v6.1.I hav a few questions hopefully someone can answer dem for my help.I took d nandroid backup of my stock firmware II3 Running 1.5.

1.der r few terms which r in d recovery menu and all over d forums and features of custom roms plz xplain dem for me.to name a few
swap,fat32,ext3,ext4,jit,comcach,recovery partion etc.

2.now dat I hav a custom recovery image by drakaz is my galaxy rooted now.

3.I intend to flash d custom roms later but want to which is d most stable and fast rom available frm galaxo,gaosp etc.

help wud be appreciated and thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hi! When you have the custom recovery you're done with all the hard stuff. :)

1. You don't have to bother with any of those yet, and if you want to know most should be quite easy to search for and fins an explanation.
2. You don't have root access until you either enable it using the recovery menu, or until you flash a custom ROM with built in root.
3. Galaxo 1.6.3.4 is definitely the most stable Galaxy ROM today.

Nandroid backup is a wonderful thing as it allows you to get back to the exact state you were in before starting flashing ROMs or themes. Just remember that any messages or the like you have received since you took the last backup will be gone if you revert.

Hope this help.

Upvote 0
Very sorry to bump this year-old thread, but I've having a little trouble. Once I put the phone into download mode and hit start in Odin, it does its thing and says "4/4 finished". And then the phone starts to boot like normal, but then it gets stuck forever on the "android" screen. The phone still turns on normally, but once again gets stuck on that screen. I can boot into recover mode, but all the screen shows is a picture of a phone with a exclamation point behind it. I can also enter fast boot mode. Which leads me to believe it is not entirely bricked?

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated, and once again sorry for bumping this extremely old thread, I found it in the "List of Useful Resources" sticky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones