• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To? Reinstall My Apps En Masse?

pshaww

Lurker
May 23, 2013
Hello, I've recently had to reinstall my phone numerous times due to problems I am experiencing, unrelated to my question here. But as a result of needing to reinstall, this made me start to ask if it is even possible to reinstall all my apps from before, all at once.

I've used My Backup and others similar to it, but nothing that seems to really get all of what I'm looking for. I want to backup my apps and settings, but if I need to reinstall the apps and settings on a new Android device of similar OS version, it always seems there is something that didn't backup...

Does anything like this exist where I can move to a new phone and all my photos, app settings, (email accounts), wallpaper, default launcher, ringtone, etc are restored to the new phone? I am looking for something elegant. I use many apps on a regular basis and I hate having to reconfigure them all.

Best,

Jon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones