How to remove the display of text msgs on unlock screenTips

Last Updated:

1. EABonney

EABonney Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the display of text messages on the unlock screen. When I receive a new message all I want is to see the icon up in the notification area and the green blinking light. I don't want the message displayed at all on my unlock screen. So does anyone know if there is a setting or a hack that can be done to do this?

Thanks,
    -Eric

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

What SMS app are you using? Handcent allows you to put it into "Privacy Mode" so that the message isn't displayed, just a notification that you have one waiting.

3. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

Go into the messages app > Menu > Settings > scroll down to the "received messages" section and uncheck the "received notification." I think that does it. I'm using Handcent so it's a little different but I hope that helps you. :)

4. EABonney

EABonney Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently using the stock sms app. If I unchecked the notifications box in the messages settings, then I don't get any notifications. I am installing Handcent to give it a test run.

-Eric

5. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS owns! Once you get it set up just right its beautiful. On the same note... does anyone have the issue in Handcent where is you turn to landscape while typing a message you can't see the conversation thread anymore? Kind of annoying. Any way around this? Thanks!

6. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Its that way with any text input in landscape. I think its the way sense is handling it.