How to restore no default to Google News and Weather (2.1)?Support

Last Updated:

1. ZenShadow

ZenShadow Member This Topic's Starter

I accidentally selected gmail to use as the 'default' application when I want to share a story in News & Weather. I meant to select Twidroid (for tweets)... now it's 'stuck' wanting to send to my gmail. Not good. How do I release it from gmail being the default (so I can make twidroid the default)? Anyone? Help?

:(

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but go to :

settings -> applications -> manage applications -> gmail or gmail storage -> Clear defaults {make sure not to clear data}

If their is no clear default option their , scroll to the news and weather app and see if theirs a clear default section on their.

After clearing it , go back to share something and nwo you should be given the option again :)

3. ZenShadow

ZenShadow Member This Topic's Starter

I looked for gmail and News and Weather thru Settings/Applications/Manage Applications .... they are just not there to set the options. I looked from the settings on the desktop as well, nothing to remove the setting was found.

grr.

4. illutionz

illutionz Well-Known Member

Once you're in Manage Applications, Press Menu and pick Filter and instead of Downloaded, choose ALL

Then you can set all the built in apps