• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to restore no default to Google News and Weather (2.1)?

ZenShadow

Lurker
Jan 6, 2010
I accidentally selected gmail to use as the 'default' application when I want to share a story in News & Weather. I meant to select Twidroid (for tweets)... now it's 'stuck' wanting to send to my gmail. Not good. How do I release it from gmail being the default (so I can make twidroid the default)? Anyone? Help?

:(

I'm not sure but go to :

settings -> applications -> manage applications -> gmail or gmail storage -> Clear defaults {make sure not to clear data}

If their is no clear default option their , scroll to the news and weather app and see if theirs a clear default section on their.

After clearing it , go back to share something and nwo you should be given the option again :)

Upvote 0
I looked for gmail and News and Weather thru Settings/Applications/Manage Applications .... they are just not there to set the options. I looked from the settings on the desktop as well, nothing to remove the setting was found.

grr.

Once you're in Manage Applications, Press Menu and pick Filter and instead of Downloaded, choose ALL

Then you can set all the built in apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones