• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HOW TO: Reverting Back to 2.1

It has been and is synced with appbrain, but I was under the impression there was a way to back up your LP set up.

On the home screen, hit the menu button and go to Preferences, then scroll down to the bottom. There's a backup settings area.

Also, I just did this with my phone, took probably <20 minutes all told. Easy. Thanks for the instructions - I probably could have muddled through it but it's always nice when someone posts up a clear walkthrough, makes you feel more confident.

Reactions: mxsjw
Upvote 0
This is why I installed Windows 7 on my MBP :p

....hope the drivers still work? don't see why they wouldn't....

Actually, isn't the Mac OSX Terminal the same as running a Linux terminal?

So you can just follow the same instructions for Linux @

Droid X

And that should work for you instead of having to run RSD Lite through your Windows on your Mac.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong...

Upvote 0
Yeah, i got an infraction for posting it. I can't post it anymore :[

yeah I just tried to get it on my laptop when I got home and saw what happened... sorry to hear about it... hope you didnt get in too much trouble.
Now I've got to see where I can find that nice little zip file at so I can have a backup of the files on my laptop instead of my work computer ;);)

Upvote 0
Just curious to see if anyone else is running into this with RSD

on my Win xp 32 bit compter, RSD works perfectly fine
on my Win 7 64 bit laptop, RSD wont recognise the sbf file when I browse to it.
(it doesnt show up on the right hand box "file properties")

just trying to figure out is anyone else is comming up with the same results or what the deal is.

Upvote 0
"Failed flashing process. The "Secure_Motorola_Flash" Interface could not be found."

So here I am stuck in the middle of flashing... wtf? I have no idea what to do now. Unplug my phone? Let it sit?

Edit: Now it comes up with Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B)

Upvote 0
"Failed flashing process. The "Secure_Motorola_Flash" Interface could not be found."

So here I am stuck in the middle of flashing... wtf? I have no idea what to do now. Unplug my phone? Let it sit?

Edit: Now it comes up with Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone is not compatible with multi-interface super-file. (0x703B)

I'm headed off to bed right now. Ill help you tommorrow.

Try and look through the instructions/video and make sure you didnt make any mistakes.

All the best,
Eric

Upvote 0
I'm headed off to bed right now. Ill help you tommorrow.

Try and look through the instructions/video and make sure you didnt make any mistakes.

All the best,
Eric

I'm sure I'll get it figured out. I'm just pretty freaked out for my phone at the moment. If you could send me the .ini file that I'm supposed to put in the RSD lite folder I would be eternally grateful. The site you posted is down.

Edit: If anyone else has the original pst_flash.ini file OR the entire Downgrade.zip file please send me an email. My phone is temporarily bricked until I get this figured out. zachattack_5491@yahoo.com

Upvote 0
I'm sure I'll get it figured out. I'm just pretty freaked out for my phone at the moment. If you could send me the .ini file that I'm supposed to put in the RSD lite folder I would be eternally grateful. The site you posted is down.

Im on my phone right now so I can't send it for you, but if you do an advanced serch in the forum for "sbf file" in the droid x section of the forum there's a thread about the sbf file being released. There's a link in there to rsd and has the ini file you need aswell. Its a page or few back. Hope that helps! Btw it took me three sbf flashs to get it to take so don't give up.

Upvote 0
Alright I got the SBF flashed. But now I'm boot looping. I hold power and home to get to the wipe data/factory reset... but it comes up with the little android guy and a triangle with an exclamation mark but no options to select. Does this mean the sbf didn't flash correctly or what? It said it was successful.

Upvote 0
Alright I got the SBF flashed. But now I'm boot looping. I hold power and home to get to the wipe data/factory reset... but it comes up with the little android guy and a triangle with an exclamation mark but no options to select. Does this mean the sbf didn't flash correctly or what? It said it was successful.

Nah, you're basically done. Just press the search key when you get to that triangle, then wipe and reboot and you'll be on 2.1 in no time ;)

Upvote 0
Nah, you're basically done. Just press the search key when you get to that triangle, then wipe and reboot and you'll be on 2.1 in no time ;)

Thank you very much. Please excuse my panic posts :p I don't usually rush into things and find myself backed into a corner.

For future reference my original problem was solved by getting RSD version 4.7 and the CORRECT .ini patch. You can read the life saving post HERE

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much. Please excuse my panic posts :p I don't usually rush into things and find myself backed into a corner.

For future reference my original problem was solved by getting RSD version 4.7 and the CORRECT .ini patch. You can read the life saving post HERE

Thanks again.

Yeah, I had all the right files packed in my Downgrade.zip, thats why i wanted to post it here to make sure people didn't mix files up and further screw up their phones.

The mods are really handcuffing me here. They're definately hurting more than helping. I wouldn't doubt people have used the wrong files and messed up their phones futher. It's a shame...

Upvote 0
Yeah, I had all the right files packed in my Downgrade.zip, thats why i wanted to post it here to make sure people didn't mix files up and further screw up their phones.

The mods are really handcuffing me here. They're definately hurting more than helping. I wouldn't doubt people have used the wrong files and messed up their phones futher. It's a shame...

Yeah, if I had the correct files that you packaged I would have had zero problems. Most of the problem I had was hunting down all the files individually.

That sucks about them not allowing the links... but I guess they gotta do what they can to cover themselves legally. Good luck to everyone else, and thanks again for the help.

Upvote 0
There are just too many little bugs with this 2.2 leak which is making the phone unreliable. Lst night I flashed back to 2.1, wiped data/cache, activated the phone, rooted, installed bootstrap recovery and recovered my overclocked, RevoThemed, stable 2.1 backup. It took about 25 minutes total to get everything done and now I'll wait for the official 2.2 release.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones