• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Root Motorola Droid X 4.5.621

Kevin123

Nov 21, 2010
is there a way to root it yet I want a simple straight answer on how to do it. I own a Microsoft Windows XP Professional PC my droid X is running 4.5.621:thinking: Plus is it even worth rooting since the phone is almost two years old? my contract expires this summer in july.

Lol, well at least you know what you want.. but as usual, at least for me anyway, nothing is easy!! I messed up and took the .621 update.. although it fixed some things, the lag was still there, and random memory hog issues...so, I would say it is up to you to decide if it will be worth it to you to root, as you will have to do the complicated way, using Linux to flash to .604 milestone... then from there it's pretty much easy peasy lemon squeezy.. theres plenty of info on that..see these threads..and may the force be with you.

6.21 Rootable SBF Apparently Found! - Droid X - RootzWiki

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/517067-621-possible-fix-found.html

Reactions: Kevin123
Upvote 0
I'm fairly new to this myself.. and have not graduated to another phone either.. I'm due for one though.. I'm not sure on that one.. I imagine they all have their quirks.. just look into the forum under the phone you are thinking about... see what kinda feedback folks are giving.. thats what I plan to do.. check into the bootloader being locked or unlocked... that seems to make stuff easier. I've heard Samsung has phones with unlocked bootloaders.. so I may try one of those. Or the Bionic, or Razor Maxx..;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones