• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Root The Citrus

getitnowmarketing

Android Enthusiast
Apr 27, 2010
Code:
adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/

adb shell 

chmod 0755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin

cd /data/local/tmp

./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
now you may have to wait several minutes here. Once you get back to command prompt and rage is done go to next step. IF it hangs after a few minutes (more than 3-5 minutes) then do adb kill-server from another (second) command prompt window.

Code:
adb shell

Now you should have a # prompt and you have root.

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

exit

adb push su /system/bin/su

adb push superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk

adb shell 

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
I don't have time to upload the su, rage etc. binarys they can be gotten from any other root another phone thread. FYI you must be in media sync usb mode to connect adb. You can test with "adb devices" to make sure and you should see your meid listed backwards. PDA NET pc drivers worked for adb drivers.

Here is a dump for DEVS ONLY of the boot, recovery, & system partition Citrus Dump

Something I have noticed, after running ratc, it freezes. after a few minutes, press ctrl+c. This will kick you back to cmd prompt. type adb shell, and it will freeze again. press ctrl+c to go back to go back to cmd. now type adb kill-server. then adb shell. not sure why I had to do the ctrl+c twice, but it seems to help.

syztym

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones