1. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

Code (Text):
    2. adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/
    4. adb shell
    6. chmod 0755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    8. cd /data/local/tmp
    10. ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    now you may have to wait several minutes here. Once you get back to command prompt and rage is done go to next step. IF it hangs after a few minutes (more than 3-5 minutes) then do adb kill-server from another (second) command prompt window.

Code (Text):
    3. adb shell
    5. Now you should have a # prompt and you have root.
    7. mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
    9. exit
    11. adb push su /system/bin/su
    13. adb push superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
    15. adb shell
    17. chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    I don't have time to upload the su, rage etc. binarys they can be gotten from any other root another phone thread. FYI you must be in media sync usb mode to connect adb. You can test with "adb devices" to make sure and you should see your meid listed backwards. PDA NET pc drivers worked for adb drivers.

Here is a dump for DEVS ONLY of the boot, recovery, & system partition Citrus Dump

Advertisement
    :
  2. SyZtyM

SyZtyM New Member

Ive ran ratc at least 30 times on the citrus, and its not giving me root.

syztym
  3. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

I just got it again on 2nd citrus. If you are having trouble after some time has passed close the window the rage is running in and open a new window and type adb shell.
  4. SyZtyM

SyZtyM New Member

Well, after the 60th time, it finally worked lol. Been trying it since 2:00 pm central. LOL

syztym
  5. SyZtyM

SyZtyM New Member

Something I have noticed, after running ratc, it freezes. after a few minutes, press ctrl+c. This will kick you back to cmd prompt. type adb shell, and it will freeze again. press ctrl+c to go back to go back to cmd. now type adb kill-server. then adb shell. not sure why I had to do the ctrl+c twice, but it seems to help.

syztym
  6. us26700

us26700 Member

:D any way you can help find an sbf file for this phone in case something goes wrong and we want to restore it?