• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to save a number sent to desire via sms?!

docnasef

Dec 31, 2010
I hope this does not end up having a simple answer that is actually there and I missed seeing it!!! Athough I would not mind having a solution to this at the expense of my own shame! lol

Anyways, I can't for the life of me find a way to save a number that has been sent to my desire via an sms text message?!!!!

Now, that seems totally incredible to me!

In the message long press gives the option to save to contacts, but only for the SENDER'S number (a person that might already be on your contact list)

Mind you, the sent number (number in the actual sms that you would like to save) is highlighted and underlined and all!!!!!

What is even more bizarre is that there is no way of calling that said number, and so consequently saving if from your phone history????

Any suggestions?

Another question that pertains to the "adding numbers/contacts from a text message". I know that you tap the number-a screen comes up on my Evo to "Add Contact"-then it asks me to (create contact under account "google" or "phone"), I choose Google account and enter the persons name that goes with the number.

Problem is, even though I selected the Google account, it is not going to my Google gmail contact list.

Does anyone know why this would occur?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones