• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How to stop A/S 2.1.3 from debugging system classes???

ac4android

Nov 3, 2015
I am trying to debug my own codes, but the debugger starts debugging all system classes e.g. ListActivity.class, Looper.class etc. This makes it almost unusable!

I went into File -> Settings -> Build,Execute,Deployment -> Debugger -> Stepping
... then clicked the button
upload_2016-9-7_12-47-44.png
on the right hand side. I added "android.*" as another "Do not step into class" and restarted A/S.

That didn't work. Still debugging system classes!

A bit of help please ?

upload_2016-9-7_12-47-44.png
DebugProblems.JPG

I am using "Step into" for my own codes, but "Step over" for the system classes
I think I understand the debugger's behaviour now, but correct me if my understanding is wrong.

My codes cascade through a few activities, each with 1,2 or more "Intents" depending on the "onListItemClick". As I see it, the debugger would debug to the end of one activity and not flow onto the following activity. Instead, it will start debugging the system classes ( I had expected the debugger to stop at the last "}" of the onListItemClick(){...} )

Upvote 0
Do you know what 'step into' means?
It means the debugger will enter the method on that line. So you don't want to step into system or framework methods, but you would want to step into your code.
So simply step over the methods which you are not interested in, and execution will proceed to the next line.

Reactions: ac4android
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones