• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Sync Outlook Notes into Droid?

now its Feb 2011 and all i ever see is the suggestion to gsyncit to gdocs to google to csv to BB conversion to android sync to notes. Is there any seamless solution to sync right from outlook notes to the droid incredible just the BB does without installing a bunch of additional apps and jumping through all the hoops??? thanks

Upvote 0
This is a good thread. I just got my first Android phone, a Droid X two weeks ago. I had a BB Storm before and hated it except for one thing, it had an excellent syncing app for Outlook. I never considered that the Droid would not have the same native functionality.

I've spent two weeks trying to find something to sync Outlook Notes and did buy CompanionLink that is used with DejaOffice on the phone. It was not suitable for syncing notes. If I changed anything in a note on the phone it would wipe out that note in Outlook. I worked with their tech support for 3 days and one long phone call and still could not find a solution. I will say that they are nice guys and their tech support was really on the ball. They just could not solve the issue.

Tonight I set up NitroNote and it works very well. It's a little finicky about the exact order of things when preparing to sync but once you get that down it seems perfectly adequate.

Thanks for the posts here. They helped me out a lot...

Upvote 0
I've found a simple solution that works great for me and required no additional software. I converted all my Notes to Contacts, and named them as such:

zzz{ Note Title1 }
zzz{ Note Title2 }

The "notes" appear at the bottom of your Contact list, so they are not in the way, but you can easily scroll all the way to the end when you need them, and you can edit in Outlook or on your phone and it sync's up fine.

Upvote 0
This is a good thread. I just got my first Android phone, a Droid X two weeks ago. I had a BB Storm before and hated it except for one thing, it had an excellent syncing app for Outlook. I never considered that the Droid would not have the same native functionality.

I've spent two weeks trying to find something to sync Outlook Notes and did buy CompanionLink that is used with DejaOffice on the phone. It was not suitable for syncing notes. If I changed anything in a note on the phone it would wipe out that note in Outlook. I worked with their tech support for 3 days and one long phone call and still could not find a solution. I will say that they are nice guys and their tech support was really on the ball. They just could not solve the issue.

Tonight I set up NitroNote and it works very well. It's a little finicky about the exact order of things when preparing to sync but once you get that down it seems perfectly adequate.

Thanks for the posts here. They helped me out a lot...

I'm having issues getting this to work correctly on my Thunderbolt. Im brand new with Droid, but fairly technical and just cant seem to get this working. You said its a little finicky about the order of things. Can you describe what order your syncing in so i can try to duplicate?

Im getting an error with the desktop app stating that it can not find the default path. Maybe it's just not compatible with the Thunderbolt just yet.

Any suggestions or feedback would be very much appreciated!

Upvote 0
I've found a simple solution that works great for me and required no additional software. I converted all my Notes to Contacts, and named them as such:

zzz{ Note Title1 }
zzz{ Note Title2 }

The "notes" appear at the bottom of your Contact list, so they are not in the way, but you can easily scroll all the way to the end when you need them, and you can edit in Outlook or on your phone and it sync's up fine.

Finally, someone who thinks like i do, easy, free, syncs wirelessly and low tech--Thanks so much for solving what about 100 posters on 3 different sites couldn't do!!!

--The Dadonator:D

Upvote 0

zzz{ Note Title1 }
zzz{ Note Title2 }

I think that this is the best solution so far. I believe that this method will allow one to sync in both directions.

It also has the added benefit of being able to associate things like phone numbers, addresses and photos to a note. For some of my notes this has been benefitial.

Upvote 0
Hi There!

I used to use NitroNotes since near mid of last year (2010). Yesterday I decided to factory reset my LG Optimus S because it was "acting" a little weird (slow, too slow, had to wait about half a minute for the dialer to start dialing). When I looked for NitroNotes to restore it, wow! very hard to find. I thought I have lost it. I liked it because it was very simple to use, and it synced my old BB notes to Outlook and back to my new LG, for me this was Ok. Finally, I found it, within the following post, in a tinyurl at the end of the post:

i had a blackberry curve and now a facinate. how do i move - JustAnswer

I decided to post the Thread and not the URL to give them the right credit. Get the post from within your phone, get the tinyurl; it will download an installer, run it and install NitroNotes. Download to your PC and install NotesLink from www.nitrodesk.com/notesync/notesync.htm. Open Outlook with the notes (you have to get the notes to Outlook), run NitroNotes from the phone, select menu, and then Sync; connect phone to the PC, disregard (cancel) new hardware installation (if any) turn on USB storage at the phone, Open folder to view files at the PC; run NotesLink from the PC, run sync, disconnect phone from PC (safely remove USB mass storage from PC and turn off USB storage from phone, and then, disconnect phone); finally, select Done from NitroNotes (good luck).

For those who find NitroNotes useful, enjoy it.

Regards.

Upvote 0
I think that this is the best solution so far. I believe that this method will allow one to sync in both directions.

It also has the added benefit of being able to associate things like phone numbers, addresses and photos to a note. For some of my notes this has been benefitial.

After using it for awhile I found the contacts trick to be very lacking.

I found an app called MyPhoneExplorer.

The instructions are almost nonexistent. But, I had it installed and working in about 30 minutes.

I did a great job of syncing all of my Outlook 2010 Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes to my HTC Inspire.

You have to install a desktop program on your computer and an app on your phone.

In your phone's apps listing, look for MPEnotes and MPEtasks. That is where you will find your synced notes and tasks.

Syncs via USB, wifi, Bluetooth and fixed IP address

The only cost is a PayPal donate nag screen when you exit the desktop program. I assume that if you make a small donation the nag screen will cease to exist.

Upvote 0
I also use MyPhoneExplorer and really like it. I sync contacts, calendars, files and pictures with it. It only syncs notes with it's own note ap though which is way too basic for my needs. I'll look into the notes solutions in this thread. I'd like to sync directly to my PC without going through some other server.

Upvote 0
I found the holy grail. I am a recent convert from over a decade on Blackberry and corporate sync with outlook. I recently left my corporate job to open my own company AND traded in my BB for a Droid Bionic. I wanted to sync my Outlook stuff with my phone wirelessly for free. I found it. :D

It's easy, free, wireless (not WiFi, the cloud (not Google)) and it works.

Here's what I did.

I downloaded Funambol on my PC and my Bionic. I got "OI Notepad" for my Bionic. Now, when I add/delete/modify a note on my PC or Bionic, it is automagicly synced to the other device. Period.

Here's how you do it.

1 - Get a myFunambol account

2 - Download Funambol on your PC

3 - Download the Funambol Android Sync Client 10.0.3

(to do this, I used Zumocast. I used my PC to follow this link, downloaded the file to my PC, then used Zumocast from my phone to browse to the file, click it, and it installs like any other Android app does)

I will include the links once Android forums lets me (this is my first post, and they don't let you post links and attachments in your first post to combat spam).

Stay tuned.

allturners

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
FYI - Please note - the droid version 10.0.3 is not the current release. If you just go to funambol, download the CURRENT ANDROID SYNC CLIENT it will NOT be this one and will NOT do notes. You have to download version 10.0.3 from the link I provided.

Also, I'm just one of you, a former BB user turned Android guy and wanted to replicate my BB experience the best I could. I don't get a thing from Funambol or OI Notes, I"m just a user like you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones