• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to transfer jpeg photos/files from Mac to HTC Desire?

How can I transfer jpeg photos/files from my Mac(book) to my HTC Desire? Is there some way to do it wirelessly? Or do I have to use the USB cord to sync? I've never "synced" the Desire with my computer before... please help! Thanks. :)

You can do using bluetooth.

Make sure that as well as turning bluetooth on you make it discoverable too:

settings>wireless&networks>bluetooth settings>discoverable

then just head to your mac settings and send file via bluetooth - easy peasy!

Or use the USB cable.

Upvote 0
I use Dropbox if it's just the occasional image - very good for swapping pictures that way - but the cord is really what you need to use.

You need to stop thinking in terms of syncing, though. I know iTunes just LOVES to sync and it's the only way, but a far more user-friendly method if you know just the basics of copying, is to simply drag and drop, using your HTC Desire as a portable hard drive while connected. This is the safest and easiest way - no messing with third party software, no frustrations when something goes wrong when syncing and it's faster in speed too.

I've never heard a single good thing about syncing myself - especially not when it involves iTunes. People getting their mp3 players or phones wiped, losing access to all their songs when they buy a new computer, files refusing to sync or newer files being overwritten by older ones, etc. etc. etc.

Upvote 0
I've never heard a single good thing about syncing myself - especially not when it involves iTunes. People getting their mp3 players or phones wiped, losing access to all their songs when they buy a new computer, files refusing to sync or newer files being overwritten by older ones, etc. etc. etc.

I miss synching a lot. I've never had a problem with iTunes. Synching between mac and iPod always a hassle-free experience. The only time it messed up was when I messed up.

Upvote 0
I miss synching a lot. I've never had a problem with iTunes. Synching between mac and iPod always a hassle-free experience. The only time it messed up was when I messed up.
Copy pasting still seems like the easiest solution. Say "no to all" when asked to overwrite and tadaa! Sure, if you want to remove songs, it's a little more time but, frankly, your phone should be able to hold more songs than you own anyway.

I see the advantage to syncing but it's so poorly done - creating all those sub folders, renaming files, altering mp3 tags ... uh. My friend has an Audi Q5 with integrated mp3 player and almost none of his mp3s that he made using iTunes will play because iTunes insists on changing the mp3 structure after syncing. I had to run all mp3s through my PC and erasing all the garbage tags iTunes added before they would work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones