• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn on 3G?

kiname15

Lurker
Jan 9, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy gio and I think I have turned off my 3G network. I have gone into settings and turned on the paket data and stuff but it still hays that the mobile network state is disconnected? also what isthe mobile network type? on my phone it says it is UMTS. does that mean anything? plz help!

UMTS is a fancy way of saying 3G
Universal Mobile Telecommunications System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds like you have everything set up correctly, so now go into Settings > About Phone > Status and look for your signal strength. If you have -100 to - 115 dbm you are not in range of a tower. You should be able to do some things with -100 dbm but the higher the negative number goes, the worse the signal strength.

If you have -99 or lower, I would suspect that you have your wifi turned on, turn it off. If that is not the cause, see if you have Airplane Mode turned on.

That is all I can think of.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones