• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [how to]unlock inspire build 3.20.502.52 with htcdev in preparation to use AAHK

Status
Not open for further replies.
so after doing the ace hack,i know what i need to do for RUU for 3.0,my question is what recovery am i installing(clockworkrecovery?)and how would i go about rooting the phone.the website doesnt really have a guide for that

if you want to upgrade back to and root the sense 3.0 att update, there are some directions in this thread:
http://androidforums.com/inspire-4g-all-things-root/632116-firmware-update-rooted-inspire-4g.html

holler if you have further questions :)

Upvote 0
i see, but is there a reason to upgrade/root on sense 3.0 if you are going to install cm7?

The aahk is downgrading you to an old,outdated(yet exploitable :D) radio and firmware. Even if you intend to flash a custom Rom,it is a good idea to RUU to the most current build,so that you are on the most current radio and firmware.

So you won't need to install superuser on the 3.0 Rom if you don't want to. Instead of flashing superuser,just go ahead and flaash cm7.

Id recomend to make a backup of your stock,unrooted sense 3.0 Rom,just in case you ever need it

Upvote 0
just signed up to say thanks to the author of this article, this was nicely explained , being a noob it was pretty comfortable since each step was explained.
thank you so much, i will be more thankful if you can help about a small issue with my phone.

issue- it shut down itself after taking 2-3 pics or after some heavy use like calling of playing video or just heavy wi-fi

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
just signed up to say thanks to the author of this article, this was nicely explained , being a noob it was pretty comfortable since each step was explained.
thank you so much, i will be more thankful if you can help about a small issue with my phone.

issue- it shut down itself after taking 2-3 pics or after some heavy use like calling of playing video or just heavy wi-fi

that could be a rom-specific prollem,or a hardware prollem. first thing i would do is upgrade back to the most current stock software/firmware as described a couple posts up.

run the phone on the stock updated software for a couple days and see if the prollem persists. if not,then flash a recovery and try a new rom,or just flash superuser to run the stock rom rooted.

Upvote 0
I am trying to root my phone for the first time. During Step 1, once I am in the Fastboot screen, my computer no longer recognizes the phone when I use the command "adb devices", also there is no respomse when "fastboot oem get_identifier_token".
I dont not have the pink **locked** or **unlocked** at the top of Fastboot screen.

Is that b/c I do not have correct RUU for hboot?

Upvote 0
I am trying to root my phone for the first time. During Step 1, once I am in the Fastboot screen, my computer no longer recognizes the phone when I use the command "adb devices", also there is no respomse when "fastboot oem get_identifier_token".
I dont not have the pink **locked** or **unlocked** at the top of Fastboot screen.

Is that b/c I do not have correct RUU for hboot?

you cannot use 'adb' commands in fastboot,only the booted OS,or in a custom recovery.

yes,the identifier token command is failing becasue you do not have a compatible hboot. youll need to download the correct RUU from htcdev to update your hboot. :)

Upvote 0
I'm also trying to root my phone for the first time, and everything works until I try to use the downgrade from 2.3.5 in the aahk. It looks like everything is working until it gets to the step that says the phone will prompt you to press the vol up to proceed, then it will restart the phone.
Rather than doing that, it just sits on the bootloader and doesn't do anything else special, and it also disconnects from the computer, as in, in cmd it won't recognize that there is anything attached.

is there something I'm doing wrong, or missing?

*edit*
the screen does say hboot usb plug

Upvote 0
it likely is not downloading the files it needs. unfortunately,the aahk is no longer supported by its creator. even if you have a recent copy allready,the program may not be able to obtain the files it needs to complete the process.

i will add a disclaimer,and lock this thread for now.

there is a manual method to achieve s off: the link to it and a support thread are here: http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...-s-off-simunlock-supercid-inspire-4g-dhd.html

may want to give me a day or two to get it completely figured out,unless youre fairly savy with adb and are able to manually make a working gold card,if needed :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones