• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to unlock my honor Phone?

JohanStebi

Lurker
Aug 29, 2021
Hi My name is Johan,
I recently went through a lot of trouble locking my dad's work phone which had a lot of data that he wanted,
So as there was no forgot password or any other way to remember the password, I searched the internet and found out about brute forcing passwords on the phone and unlocking it.
So as I don't know much about this can Someone help me with this, as I am going through a lot of trouble emotionally. I would have hired a professional but don't have the financial means to do so.

Some things that you can consider that I think is important is that, My phone is an Honor 10, and I can only type 3 passwords before locking it for 1 hour. It's so Frustrating and I have incorrectly typed a lot.
Any help would be appreciated,

Thank You

You start by talking about your dad's phone, and end by talking about yours, so your post isn't terribly clear. Is your father's phone the Honor 10 you discuss at the end? Can I ask why he didn't do one of the obvious things: pick a number he wouldn't forget, or write it down somewhere?

The whole point of the "timeout after 3 attempts" thing is to prevent brute-forcing of passwords. Even if I knew how to bypass that it would be very risky for me to post the information here: I've only your word you aren't a phone thief yourself, and even if you are not any answer posted here can be read by a thief doing a web search. This is the problem we face any time someone asks for assistance with something like that.

But the truth is, I don't have an answer. Assuming it's a 4-digit PIN there are 10,000 possibilities, which at 3 tries per hour isn't a viable strategy. So realistically your best chance is to see if he can remember how he chose the PIN: people often use birthdays, or other numbers that they have reasons to remember, rather than pick 4 genuinely random digits. Of course I'm sure you've already tried that, but it probably still remains your best bet.

Upvote 0
Hi hadron,
Sorry for the confusion, my dad was just putting so much pressure on me I was typing really fast for answers,
So are you saying there is really no way for me to unlock the phone other than to guess the numbers
Cause I do know the password is somewhat related to 1972. I typed it really fast and I forgot the password

Upvote 0
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
There's certainly no way to find out what the actual password is (that would make the security so weak as to be worthless). So the options are "guess" or "brute force", where brute force means nothing more than trying every possible password until you find one that works.

The funny thing about "typing it quickly" is that you have to type it twice, so unless you are consistent in your mistyping it should be what was intended. But if it's possibly a mistyping of 1972 that does reduce the odds, especially if you start by assuming that only a single digit was mistyped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones