• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to unlock my phone?

amageus

Android Enthusiast
Dec 24, 2009
Ok i can't seem to find nothing on the forums. One of my stupid cousins tried to log into my phone and somehow managed to lock it completely out. Despite me telling them that I will never give them my unlock pattern they managed to lock my phone out to the point where it asks for my google account. I tried login in with failed attempts. I even logged into google and changed my password and same results. I cannot use my phone anymore. Need help. Please respond. I need to know how to get my phone unlocked. Thanks

Factory reset is really the last thing I want to do.

I managed however to get it working again. Took several tries but I got it to accept a new google account.

I got around the stupid user/pass screen by calling my phone and using the back key. Then I went ahead and setup a secondary google account. Went back to the stupid user/pass screen and typed in the 2nd account user/pass. Asked me for new pattern and bam I'm in.

I did try disabling the unlock pattern and that really didn't do much. I also attempted to sync my main google account. That did nothing but give me some sync error which I am guessing is the cause of the user/pass not working. Kept saying that it could not sync and to give it a few mins or something to try again. Im gonna attempt to remove the main account and add it back in. I am guessing something is corrupt with the files and hopefully remove and adding the account may fix the problem.

I am not sure which of my cousins attempted to use my phone as I didn't have the phone with me til I had to answer a phone call where I noticed I was complete locked out.

I hope that people will have the same luck as me. I did get all this information from the link posted and from a link to a google ticket that I looked up online. None of these fixes were originally my idea.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones